Monday, February 16, 2009

government/ writing/ poetic

Feb. 14 Government: The government sent my house a letter asking "Who would you choose to be our leader?" Then check one of the boxes and send it to Stephen Harper. SH was one of the choices. Let's just say I didn't check his name. Ha, ha.

Music: I borrowed the Snow Patrol cd from the library. It sounds like adult contemporary. It's average. It has insightful lyrics.

Funny: I got this flashback of 2005. I was in the Arts and Cultural Management program and I met this girl Kristy.

Me: How old are you?
K: 27.
Me (laughing): What? I thought you were my age (19).
K: Yeah, I know I look young. Over the summer at K- Days, this 17- year- old guy kept hitting on me. I said: "I think I'm too old for you." He's like: "Oh c'mon, aren't you like my age? 17?" I'm like: "No, older." He's like: "19?" I'm like: "Older."lol.

K was the one who helped me with my portfolio that got me into the Writing program. She was an English graduate.

I was thinking about some other stuff that my sister laughed at. It was back in 2003. Patrick and I were watching Made in Canada. It stars Rick Mercer playing one of the producers that creates TV shows. S was on the computer and heard the TV. RM was talking to this actor.

Actor: The guys are wrestling, wrestling is gay.
RM: No it isn't.S, P, and I burst out laughing.
Actor: Yeah well all the guys live together in a cave. Guys living together is gay.
RM: No it isn't.We burst out laughing.
Actor: Yeah well there's leopard print in the cave, leopard print is gay.
RM: No it isn't.We burst out laughing.

Feb. 15 Off day: Today was a really off day. I left at 10:20am, and was to catch the bus at 10:30am, but it didn't come until 10:45am. I should have left at 10:05am, like I did usually to catch the 10:15am. The bus schedule said it comes every 30min on Sunday. Anyway, I got there by 11am though I'm supposed to be there at 10:30am.

It took me 20 minutes to lock the door when I was closing. Fortunately, I started to close early. It turns out the problem was that I put the wrong middle pole in the centre and the key wasn't in correctly.

It's weird. Today I was watching Desperate Housewives, and on the show, the Scavos decide to sell their pizzeria after 7 years due to the bad economy. Could this be a sign that the Soup place will close down soon? I know that TV and life can not always correlate with each other. It reminds me of that time back in Feb. 2006 when Ipsos closed down. They called the employees all for a meeting.

We then all gathered together. I then immediately thought of that script I wrote back in 2001 where one of the characters was working at a magazine, and the magazine folded. Then we were told that Ipsos was laying all of us off. Wow, it looks like I was able to predict that happening. I was still shocked though.

Kind of with Leger. After 5 months of working there, I really wanted that company to close down and lay us all off. It was in August 2006. Then in the beginning of 2008, it closed down.

Similarities: The other day I was reading the Globe and Mail review of Confessions of a Shopaholic. The writer was like me. He said this: "I'm a guy and I like romantic comedies. I loved Sex and the City movie, and then I relapsed by watching He's Just Not that into You. It was deliciously bad, but totally worth it."

I was like: "Oh my god, he writes just like me." In a blog post last summer I wrote about how I saw some Cheaters when Joey Greco was on Maury. It said something like this:
"I saw some Cheaters. It was a relapse, but totally worth it. I was laughing so hard."

Feb. 16 Writing: Today I submitted my script to Carole Henson at Super Channel, again. Well Glynis Whiting said she was leaving, and there's going to be a replacement for her. I emailed CH, so she could give it to the replacement.
Anyway, I hit writer's block on Fighter, and Hunter. I decided to go and look at something I wrote back in 2006. I put it in my portfolio for my Creative Writing class assignment. For awhile I didn't want to change anything on that one document because I was afraid that I might delete something really good. Yeah well, here's a genius idea: Keep the original document. Then copy and paste that document and then you can go and rewrite and delete whatever you want to it.

I only started doing that to Fighter, where I kept saving all my new drafts whenever I sent one to Glynis. Over the years, I write stuff. I had completed a few scripts, but then after rewriting, I eventually delete the whole thing.

Yesterday I decided to work on another fighting movie. It will have the lead character get into fighting for another reason other than liking the fact to make lots of money like Shawn did in Fighter.

Prediction: I was on twop.com reading about Law and Order: SVU as usual. I was on the thread "Ripped from the headlines." The people are predicting that the show will write about the Octuplets Mom and the 13 year- old- boy who is a father. I'll see this story in a couple of months.

Poetic: I found this on the MMA fighter Kit Cope's myspace page. I read this really poetic passage. It is deep and inspiring. www.myspace.com/kithurtspeople Under "Heroes" it says this:

The world is a beautiful place through a fighter's eyes. It is the world that is hidden from most men. It is the truth of a world that has no end to it's benefit. It is a place that is between Life, and death, rapture and Nirvana; it is Zen. Through a fighter's eyes pain gives to profit and struggle to glory.

Through a fighter's eyes conflict gives way to opportunity. It is a world that sees opponents turn to friends and friends into opponents. It is a place where a man can stand alone and be overcrowded in his own mind. Through a fighter's eyes he sees comfort where most see terror. A fighter cannot even hear the roar of the crowd, yet the silence in the dark of night can be deafening. It is an endless sea of duality in which there is only one place that he can find peace: the ring, the cage, the arena. The proving ground where a fighter casts himself into a world of pain, blood and battle.

A world of discipline and sacrifice where the proving is not for the benefit of any other but himself. Most Men shy from the thought of these ideals, but a fighter must tear down his aversions and immerse himself in the struggle, like an ascetic. A fighter lives in the moment after perception and before conception-the brief moment in which reality lies. In this moment egos and intentions are stripped, and only the simplest questions still linger. With the simplest questions only the most simple of answers will do.

The life you've led is no more and the life to come is not yet. Action replaces thought and purity takes form as motion. Beautiful, poetic motion that inspires and causes an attack of chills to a fighter's ribs. Frantic and fast paced from the outside, but through a fighter's eyes it is calm, pure, and most of all, right. Through a fighter's eyes he can see confidence without scholarship. He can find the right path through what, to others, seems the wrong livelihood. He can find strength for weakness and inspiration in failure. Yes, the world is a beautiful place through a fighter's eyes.

5 comments:

Manka said...

When you are on international trips so there are chances that you will meet diversified people there who click www.punctuationchecker.org/semicolon-checker-usage/ all the time and make their opinions about you.

mikon said...

IF you have such letters so what you should do as I have once the same problem when I got such letter and posted on http://www.sentencecorrector.biz/how-to-check-sentence-structure-in-a-business-correspondence-letter/ to get the reviews of the people.

stoya riley said...

Photos of a school dramatization is looking extremely great. All members wore the ensemble as indicated by the subject of the show. As should be obvious from the image it's repulsiveness show and individuals crowd like that appear. In any case, I endeavor to discover best explore the details however it's beneficial for me to be a piece of that site. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing such pictures.

anonymous said...

Great site, The strong contraption for posterity of learning guidance is toys that related to preparing. It wind up being uncommonly convincing for the children but you can check weblink to manage your essay work. With the objective that the element of your youngsters' preparation will be high to use these advances.

Cut said...

Government writing strip is calculated for the individuals. All the issues of the writing and approach of the https://www.onlineproofreadingservices.net/our-cheap-proofreading-services/paraphrasing-online-service/ have been marked for the humans. The incentive is calculated for the fulfillment of the goals for the humans.