Saturday, January 17, 2009

"Ride with Me" short story

"Ride with Me" (dream) by Tracy Au (Creative Writing 2006)

It was night time. TJ was driving and Rain was sitting in the front passenger seat. I was sitting in the back. The killer was wearing the Scream mask and black robe was running towards us. "Powerlock the doors!" I shouted. The doors were locked. "Finally a scary movie where people do something smart," I thought to myself.

The killer banged on the wheels and TJ drove off. We all turned back and looked as the killer was waving his arms and pointing to the right. We shouted at him "Up yours!" We turned around and there was a huge truck and we were about to crash into it. TJ swerved.

I woke up. The car was turned over. TJ was dead. Rain is missing. I struggled to climb out. I stumbled a few step and felt a hand on my back. TJ must not have been dead because I didn't check his pulse. I turned and it was the killer. I ran, but he tackled me down. He was on top of me with the knife aimed at my neck. I'm not going out without a fight. He punctured a hole in my skin. As soon as I saw the blood, I got a hold of the knife and stabbed him in the chest.

No comments: