Friday, January 23, 2009

news/ mix martial arts/ dance

Jan. 22 News: I read on Yahoo, that a 22- year- old woman Xin Yang was decapitated at Virginia Tech. Damn. I was like: "Didn't that school have a school shooting?" Yeah, back in 2007 and another tragedy occurs.

Ipod: Onto lighter news, I went to the Source, and a 8GB ipod is $160. I went to HMV, and it's the same price. I'll have to look around some more. If you see an 8GB ipod that is cheaper than $160, tell me.

Dream: I had a weird dream last night. I met Shane West. Carrot Top asked for him to sign this poster. I asked SW to sign my A Walk to Remember dvd. I know how SW got into my dream. Last night I wrote that I liked that movie. I don't know CT got into the dream though. lol.

Something about when I saw SW, his face was filled with acne. In the dream, I was at the Russian Tea Room on Jasper Ave. I asked to see a psychic, but there wasn't one there.

Last night I saw the Law and Order: SVU ep called "Babes." I missed it when it first aired. It ripped off many headlines. I went on twop.com and someone posted this:

"Let's count the Topical References, shall we?
1. Bristol Palin
2. New England pregnancy pact
3. Megan Meier"

Another person:
"4. True Love Waits ™
5. Homeless beatings on YouTube"

Jesse McCartney guest- starred so you know he's the guy the who did it. Well Debi Mazar actually guest- starred too, so she was responsible for some of it. JM is actually a really good actor when he was sweating and crying during his confession. For the first time, I was actually impressed with his acting.

Kind of reminds me of the movie Unleashed. I've seen a lot of Jet Li movies like Romeo Must Die, (some of) The One, Kiss of the Dragon, and Cradle to the Grave. I was never impressed with his acting until he did Unleashed. In his movies, he's usually cool. This was a more challenging role because it's about a guy who was treated and raised like a dog. Very good movie, I recommend you watch it if you haven't already.

Jan. 23 Mix Martial Arts: Last night I saw True Life, this show on MTV. They profile three mix martial arts fighters. I had to watch it for my research of my script. It was a lot of fun to watch. They showed them training and how they live their life as fighters.

One guy named Frankie talked about how he was going to a big competition, and then 10 days later he's going to get married to his girlfriend of 7 years. Well he lost his fight, but the wedding was good. Then they profiled another guy who is studying graphic design in college and balancing his training. He won his fight. He also has a 3.0 which is really good.

I have to save the best for last and that is Kit Cope. He was funny. After he weighed in at the competition, he went to his hotel room and pigged out. He had to weigh 155 pounds to be in the competition. He says: "Now let's eat some fruit and cookies." lol. He starts unwrapping this really nice fruit basket. KC: "It's like undressing your prom date." lol.

All three guys got girlfriends. The epilogue said that KC moved in with his gf, and then two months later they broke up. KC had blown out his knees and there was picture of his opened shoulder wound. I was like: "Ewwww." What was interesting was that after his friends left the hotel, he actually started cleaning up the place. I figured he would let the hotel staff clean it up. I would clean up because I'm a neat freak.

KC: When my friends left, I had to be serious and think about all the situations that could happen in the ring. In the end, I will have my arm being raised at the end of the fight.
Yeah, that's positive thinking. He did win the fight. He was on the ground and he elbowed the guy in the forehead, and blood was spurting all over KC. I was like: "Ewww."

I went on imdb.com and I see that he's 31 years old. Here's his resume and pic. He is hot.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2314576/resume

Job: Today is my day off. For the entire week, I was reading through my old emails and deleting most of them. I found this in my draft folder and emailed to be a sales assistant at sales@lonepublishing.com again.

Flashback: I was thinking about John last night. I've known him for 28 months. I've only seen him for 8/ 28 months. I then did the math on the computer calculator. It's 29%. That's long distance relationships for you. Then I got a flashback of summer 2007. I was talking to my manager Aziz at Treats.

A: So how was your weekend?
Me: Good. I saw my boyfriend.
A: You seem him once a week?
Me: No, more like once or twice a month.
A: And you call him your boyfriend?

lol. Well back then he had school and work, and I had school so that's why we didn't see each other a lot. Maybe the distance is getting to me. I have email and phone calls to keep in contact with him. I don't want to air out my dirty laundry, but I don't like how this relationship is going. I'll leave it at that.

Dance: Today I was watching some of America's Best Dance Crew season 3. I see Jesus (pronounced Hay- soos) and Hok from So You Think You Can Dance season 3 in an ep. They are in the dance group called Quest. I remember Hok did bring his Asian friends to the SYTYCD auditions. They were impressive. I did like how Jesus, Hok, and his friends all teamed up together to go into another dance competition show together. Good luck or break a leg to them.

Another thing is that JC Chasez from Nsync isn't one of the judges, or at least not in the premiere. Instead it's Kid Rainen, one of the members from the winning dance crew called Jabbawakeez from season 1. I remember in season 1, they had the first runner up team that had two guys who auditioned on SYTYCD. I saw them, but those two guys got to Las Vegas but didn't make the Top 20.

I hope that people who watch all these dance shows will get inspired that dancing can get you somewhere. I saw the dance crew Dynamic Edition, and I recognize the guy in the group. It's a group does hip- hop mixed with clogging. That guy was in SYTYCD season 3 auditioning to Missy Elliot's song "We Run This." I loved his dancing. Now I remember his name is Brandon. He also danced in the SYTYCD season finale with the song "The Way I are" by Timbaland and Keri Hilson. Good for him.

Survival tips: I'm watching 20/20 about how to survive in a night club fire. React quickly. Go to the nearest exit and stay calm. If the plane you are on catches fire, do the same thing. In fact the first 3 minutes on the plane, and the last 8 minutes before landing, you should be alert. That's when may airplane crashes occur. 75% of people do survive in plane crashes.

When you get on the plane, look at where all the exits are. Count all the rows to where the exit is. When the plane is up in smokes, you will most likely have to feel your way to get to the exit.

Another story is about the tsunami back in 2004 where 230,000 people died. They interviewed this then- 10 year old British girl Tilly who knew that a tsunami was going to happen. She studied it in school that if the ocean water is bubbling, then a tsunami was going to occur. She was telling her parents about. The dad takes her to the hotel and tells the security guard about it. A Japanese guy heard the word tsunami because it's a Japanese word and says there was an earthquake earlier.

Everybody on the beach went into the hotel, less than 10 minutes after Tilly noticed it. People in the hotel were injured, but no one died. The newspapers call Tilly "Angel on the Beach."

They interviewed a woman who was attacked by a mountain lion. Her head was in the lion's mouth. Her friend was trying to pull her head out of his mouth. Later three cyclists came by and started throwing rocks at the lion's head. The woman survived due to her faith. Faith has a lot to do in these survival situations. It helps people stay calm. The rangers looked around as the woman was taken in ambulance to the hospital. The rangers found a dead man who was the first victim. The lion was then shot.

They talked to a man who's body was cut in half by a train track. He survived due to his will to live. He was thinking about his wife and kids. He called 911 and told the operator that he was run over by a train track. The operator was shocked because she thought it was someone else who got run over, and the guy was calling 911 to help the other person.

No comments: