Monday, January 26, 2009

inspired/ shopping/ good

Jan. 24 Inspired: After watching Kit Cope on True Life, I am inspired. Last night I printed out the 4th draft of The Fighter. Then just now, I joined the Facebook group about Kit Cope. Then I added a friend request with a message for him. I also some some UFC (Ultimate Fight Club) on SpikeTV.

Music: I borrowed the Jonas Brothers cd from the library. I heard it a few times. They're talented. Their music is average. Not bad, but I didn't love it. Well to each their own. The last track kept skipping. I tried to fix it by putting toothpaste on a q-tip and rubbing it on the cd and then washing it. It still kept skipping. It has worked before on the Jennifer Lopez cd "Brave" when I borrowed it from the library.

Shopping: Yesterday on my day off I went to West Ed mall. I haven't been there in months. I remember going there last summer and bumping in Michelle from MacEwan. I went to the HMV and the two Source by Circuit City stores, and their 8GB ipods are $160. I went to the Apple store and it was $169. I listened to a couple of songs like Alicia Key's ballad "Ain't Got You" and Justin Timberlake's dance track "My Love."

I've mainly been working, and staying at home watching TV. I deserved a day out. I did pass my resume to the Chan International Model and Talent Agency at the mall. Looks like The General Store closed down. I think there is still one at Kingsway. General store sold antiques. I remember back in summer 2004, my friend Chamnouer introduced me to it.

Looks like the arcade in the food court closed down. Tommy Hilfiger opened at a new location. Lasenza girl store is made smaller to make room for Bath and Body Works. The American store Aeropstatle is also open. There's one at Kingsway. Labels looks like it closed down, unless it's renovating.

I checked out the Bourbon street restaurant called the Red Piano. I remember going out to a Mexican restaurant that used to be there. It was back in 2001. My sister introduced me to the restaurant and fried ice cream. I'm getting a flashback of 2003, I was watching the Ellen Degeneres show and a woman was eating fried ice cream.

Coincidence: Last night my bedroom lightbulb stopped working. Coincidentally three weeks ago my desk lamp stopped working. It seemed kind of weird that both lightbulbs stopped working so close together. That hasn't happened before, unless I can't remember it did.

Job: Today I went to work from 9:30am- 6pm. Last week I was called to come in at 9:30am, so I thought I was supposed to do that again this week. I got there, and then Stella came and said I was supposed to come at 10am. Well at least I got some overtime. Another worker was supposed to come, but she didn't.

I was reading the Globe and Mail and there was an advice column in the Business section. This person writes about how someone wrote a message on the bathroom stall dissing him. I thought that sounded so immature, and what someone in high school or jr. high would do. I was surprised adults in the business world do that. The advice from people also said it was immature.

You should report to the manager or human resources about it. Get them to paint over it. Tell them that visitors who come in here will see it, and it will not only make the worker look bad, but the entire business look bad.

Jan. 25: I went to work today and no one was there. First I called Ray and left a message, thinking she was supposed to work. Then I called Cameron and he called his friend Steve to come. S never came so I was by myself. Every Sunday, it's different. One week it's Vivian, Christine, Steve, Ray, alone.

Writing: Right now I'm waiting until Pauline from Media Masters reads my script and see if she will produce it into a pilot. It's been a week since I sent it to her. Last night I decided that there is a chance that she might not produce it. Well then I might as well type everything up and get Fighter to be up to 90 pages so I could send it to Super Channel to produce.

After work, I typed some things up. The 4th draft had 59 pages. I then worked on it, and now it's 63 pages. I'm getting there. You know the whole saying about quality vs. quantity. I'll get the qauntity of 90 pages and then send it. Afterwards, I'll get some feedback and then work on the quality. That's how I write essays. I write as much as I can, and as fast as I can. After I'm done, I then start working to improve it.

Jan. 26: Happy Chinese New Year! It's the Year of the Ox, my year. Today my manager Steven gave his employees $10 each out of his own pocket. Very generous of him.

Mix martial arts: My friend Daniel read my last email about mix martial arts and Kit Cope. He says: "For the record, Kit Cope is a great kick boxer but a terrible MMA fighter. He actually lost his first and only fight in the UFC to a much smaller and weaker (but much better) fighter in Kenny Florian. Florian actually broke Cope's arm in that fight (Cope refused to submit to the arm bar until it was too late). After the fight, Cope tested positive for steriods."

Coincidently, Kit Cope has confirmed me as his friend on Facebook! lol.

News: I was reading the Metro today and it said that next month, the adult buspasses will go from $66.50 to $74.25. The council wants the 2012 target to be $89. I groaned. Well at least there is still the Upass for college students.

I found this on Yahoo news: "14- year- old fools Chicago cops and goes on patrol." The kid looked older than 14, but he was wearing the police uniform. He was later caught when someone noticed that his badge was missing. He was arrested in Dec. 2007 when he asked a police officer to drive him to the station when he was reporting for duty.

A cop said: "It was a cry out for help." In the article it said: "The boy was fascinated with police shows and had participated in ride-alongs through a community outreach program, Watkins told the Chicago Tribune." TV has had a big influence on him. I may be obsessed with the show Law and Order: SVU, but the only effect it has on me is that I know more about how the law works. When I write something a police officer or a lawyer would say, I think about the show.

Good: In good news, my Problem Co-Worker quit her job a couple of weeks ago. She was the one who called me bad names, and swore at me. I told the manager. What was good, was that my inaction after that was that she quit on her own. I heard from people that she lashed out at a co-worker for asking if she was done her break. She swore at my manager.

She lashed out at another co-worker for taking her locker. Then that co-worker took my locker, but I didn't yell at her. I took another locker. Another co-worker started disliking her too. There are two co-workers that actually like PCW, but they already quit. Then there are two co-workers who don't have a problem with her, but they only work part- time and don't really deal with her. That only leaves one co- worker who actually likes her.

It's good. I didn't talk s--- about her behind her back to my other co-workers. Her behaviour to them is what turned them against her. I only told the truth about her behaviour to my manager and my friends outside of work.

No comments: