Wednesday, January 21, 2009

fun/ writing

Jan. 17 Fun: Today I actually went out on a Saturday night. I went to this church with my manager Stella to celebrate Chinese New Year. It's the Year of the Ox, my year. It was fun. S gave me these tickets and I put them in draw to win a pink 4GB ipod. I hope I win it. The last time I won a draw was in 2007 and I won $500 from MacEwan at the end- of- the- year barbacue. I remember the times I put my ballots into those draws at the U of A and MacEwan open houses back in 2002, and I didn't win any.

Then I went to a MacEwan open house in 2005, and did a survey so I could enter a draw to win an MP3 player. Alas, no luck. I also remembered in 2007, I tried to win an ipod by naming a favorite restaurant. I also tried to win an ipod again in this other contest in the same year. Maybe my luck will turn. It's like this time back in 1999/ 2000, I tried to win cds. I entered a post card, and have 1 of 20 or 1 of 50 cds. After entering into 10, I finally won the Mandy Moore cd.

I ate mint chocolate ice cream, rice noodles, chow mein, deep fried wonton with sweet and sour sauce. Then I took the bus home. I was crossing the street. There wasn't any street lights, but a sign with a person walking. A car slowed down, because it was going to turn. I start walking, and another car was coming at me. I ran really fast. It was kind of skidding because the streets are wet. That was a near- death experience.

Writing: My script is 59 pages. I thought up some new ideas and scenes. I was going to type it up. Then I thought: "Wait, 59 pages is long enough for a 1 hour pilot. Well excluding commercials." I decided to go and send it again to Pauline Urquhart at Vicom Media Productions company in Edmonton. In Jan. 2008, I pitched The Fighter to her, and sent the script. She read it and said this:

Hi Tracy;
I read your script materials. Interesting concept. You have a lot of work to bring it to a level that you should show a producer though. If you show a producer before it is ‘production ready” you could do yourself a dis service. It may be harder to get the producer to read another of your scripts.
So now I sent the script pitch, script, synopsis and refreshed her memory. This script is now "production ready" and I want her to read it and produce it.

Jan. 19 Desmond Harrington: Well Desmond Harrington was on Gossip Girl again tonight. He was so good acting all angry and bad and attacking the character Lily. It kind of reminded me of a scene of my Fighter script.

In other news, I talked to Stella, and she said that some young guy won that ipod in the draw. Damn, how ironic. I put in 15 ballots for that one draw and didn't win. I put one ballot in one draw, and win $500.

Clean: I've been cleaning out my MacEwan stuff like registration guide and brochure. I did keep some stuff so I could print stuff on the blank side of it.

Good: I read this article on Yahoo where they list 10 bad reality TV shows that got cancelled really fast. I am happy to hear that they are getting bad TV shows off the air. All the shows listed, I didn't even watch. I mostly forgot all of them. They are: Opportunity Knocks, Secret Talents of the Stars, High School Musical: Get in the Picture, Celebrity Circus, Greatest American Dog, Crowned: The Mother of all Pageants, My Dad is Better than your Dad, Amnesia, Dance Machine, Wanna Bet?

Jan. 21 Quotes: Yesterday I saw some of Barak Obama's inauguration. I found this in today's Metro:

"Rosa Parks sat down so King could walk. King walked so Barack could run. Barack ran so that all of us can fly." - Rev. Elias Mwamba Mutale, Nova Scotia

"This is the meaning of our liberty and our creed... why a man whose father less than 60 years ago might not have been served at a local restaurant can now stand before you to take a most sacred oath." -An excerpt from U.S. President Barack Obama's inauguration address

Dating: I was thinking about dating today. If you are going to leave someone, you should have someone else in mind to date. Right after that, I thought it was stupid. This isn't a job. If you are going to leave a job, you should have another job set up. If you are single between relationships, that's fine.

I don't know about you, but what is good compatability? I thought John and I had good compatability, but now I don't. He's a metrosexual and I'm a tomboy. At first I thought we balanced each other out. I'm a tomboy because I like sex jokes, action movies, dressing casual, sneakers. I dislike romantic movies (A Walk to Remember, The Prince and Me are exceptions), dresses and skirts, makeup, not interested in fashion.

Toothpaste: I finally finished using my Sensodyne toothpaste which expired back in 2006. I didn't start using it until 2007. Anyway, since I ran out of toothpaste, I used my dad's. He's a smoker, and after I brushed my teeth, I felt like my mouth was an ashtray. Seriously.

In other news, today I had a conversation with my sister, where we weren't arguing. I was watching Criminal Minds and the story was creepy. It's about how a couple and their son kidnap a little girl, and kill her parents. The little girl is supposed to be the wife of the son. Then they are to marry and have kids and keep kidnapping and killing parents for generations to come. S then came by.

S: Is this episode based on a true story?
Me: I don't know. It's not like Law and Order: SVU where they are ripping from the headlines. I could go on televisionwithoutpity.com and ask. One time there was an episode about these two brothers who kidnap people and release them into the forest so they could hunt them down. I was like: "This is so like the short story I read back in grade nine called 'The Most Dangerous Game.' Then someone on twop.com said that there was a true story about a guy who kidnaps prostitutes and release them into the woods and hunts them down.

S: Yeah, but what was the point of "The Most Dangerous Game"? What was the theme?
Me: I don't know. You would know since you're the one who remembered the ending to Animal Farm.
S: Yeah, but there was a point to it. It was a parody of uh...
Me: Communism.
S: Yes, communism.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In online training, you see all sort of understudies. There you have to consider the way of life, age, and requests of various sort of understudies. We compose for all https://www.essayrevisor.com/essay-expander-special-offer/ of people groups and all sort of composing related your training.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing info about the tracy blog. I figure everybody should bend up a significant stone in light of how everybody is sublime. Individuals ought not hear the comprehensive network who always consider the hostile.Check this navigate here which helps to the high level of students.

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful post, We won't be going to finish the well as examination with different nations that https://www.paraphrasetool.net/rephrase-sentence-generator-tool/ have more choices and strategies for present-day planning so we should need to proceed forward and get the true blue and imaginative ways.

mitchelle Cook said...

Writing is like a art we can't feel boredom while writing. I loved to read such kind of random blog. That kind of article can attract the attention of the reader. We have https://www.biographywritingservices.com/ for all of you.

joe said...

Writing can help you in many ways just like fun writing can do. I am so mpressed by this blog https://www.rephraser.net/improving-vocabulary-skills-expand-your-active-vocabulary-in-7-days/ and would love to read more about fun writing in better way.