Friday, January 9, 2009

discovery/ writing

Jan. 6 Discovery: Yesterday I used another locker at work because someone took mine. There were all these papers there like ads for car bargains dated in May 2008. There were a couple of old Christmas cards to an old employee Curtis whom I've never met. I came in June 2008, and we never crossed paths. There was even a gift labeled "To: Molly From: Curtis." I gave the gift to Molly.

M: Did Curtis come by and drop this off for me?
Me: No, I found it in the locker.
C actually gave her a wallet. I don't know when this Secret Santa thing was given.

Funny: I was on Secret Life of the American Teenager thread and I said this: "I don't know about you guys, but I know Amy is going to keep the baby and raise it. That's my speculation."
Someone said: "I think she will too. I just think she'd be an awful mother."

Me: If she doesn't keep the baby, then what's the whole point of this show?
Person: To let us know about American Teenagers' secret lives where they run off to their peer's wedding and get fake IDs to act as witnesses to said wedding and not to drink underage.

News: I read in the Globe and Mail Focus section: " 'Our research shows small acts may lead people to unconsciously seek more indulgence,' the authors wrote in the Journal of Consumer Research. They suggested to that retailers may want to use samples to encourage spending." It was about you eat one chocolate, and that's it. That's what you think. After one chocolate, you can't stop and eat more.

Facebook: I looked up Brendan Van Aselstine on Facebook. We have 5 mutual friends on there. I gave a friend request to him and a message: "Hi, it's Tracy Au. We went to high school together. We sat on the bench together. I was best friends with Leslie Simpson in case you don't remember me. I've also been reading your stories in the Metro. Good work. How did you get that job?"

Jan. 7: Well Brendan confirmed me as a friend, and invited me to a protest against the war on Gaza.

Once again I'm on twop.com and it lead me to this true- story of a 30 -year- old guy who was pretending to be a kid. It's a long story, but compelling. He was able to pretend to be a kid by wearing a baseball cap, to cover the fact that he was balding. He also changed his voice and mannerisms.
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/08/11/080811fa_fact_grann?mbid=msnbc

Economy: Chanel is laying off 200 people. I went to the Dollarama store in City Centre today so I could drop off this crate for work. I passed by Oriental Home, and they are having a "Closing sale." I remembered they called me for an interview last summer. Looks like I dodged that bullet. I think that store has been there since 2006. At least that's what I remember.

I want to add that Shark, a crime procedural starring James Woods got cancelled. It was on from 2006- 2008, with 2 seasons. I saw a ad for another crime prodedural Raising the Bar, starring Jane Kaczmarek (mom from Malcolm in the Middle.) She plays a judge on this new show, like she did when she was on The Simpsons.

Jan. 8 Writing: I sent my script pitch to Omnifilm back in Sept. 2008, and now Michele McMahone emailed me back with this message:

Hello Tracy:

First I must apologize for the time it has taken to respond to this pitch. We do read every pitch we receive and last year we received hundreds. Also, pitches from known showrunners and/or that already have broadcaster interest tend to jump the queue so it can take a while to evaluate new unsolicited projects.

After reading and reviewing your MOW called THE FIGHTER we have decided that it is not a project that we will be adding to our development slate. The television movie market is extremely narrow and even if ratings are good it is rare that an MOW becomes a series. We produced a Gemini award winning mini series called DRAGON BOYS that we tried for over a year to get made into an ongoing series… without success. Both the writer and Director have been in the biz for over 20 years and won many awards.

Please don’t be too disheartened it is a challenging business to break into.

Finally, I think you have us confused with OMNI TV. The television station OMNI TV has only been around for a few years and we are a production company that has been in Vancouver for almost 30 years.

Best of luck,

Michele

I'm getting a flashback of Dragon Boys back in 2007. Here's the imdb.com summary: "Set in Richmond and Vancouver, British Columbia, DRAGON BOYS, is both compelling family drama and a high-octane thriller. The two-part, four-hour mini-series centres on a Chinese Canadian police detective and an immigrant family who confront a deadly threat from Asian organized crime."

At first I thought this was going to be TV series, and not a mini- series. I was watching it with Patrick.
Me: I like this show and all, but it's Chinese and Canadian, and I'm Chinese and Canadian, and I'm taking it too personal. I can't watch it on a weekly basis.

Right at that moment on the screen:

White cop: You're taking it too personal.
Chinese cop: I'm Chinese, I make it personal.
lol. That is what I just said.

Jan. 9 School: I'm at school right now, before I go to class. I see new art on the campus walls. I also bumped into my friend Sarah at the library there. There is also this huge can that looks like a battery and it's a battery recycle can. I then threw my batteries in there.

5 comments:

good site said...

What I will comment for this. I have one solution for this that it will be the best part for the students who are so weak in this situation. And also very important for those people. So do this.

read more said...

This is one of the best and the most popular site in google. I know about this so well. I think that I will visit here one day and for the reason why this is so popular. And I know the fact why this is.

useful link said...

THis is the part of the things. I hope the students who need this they can do the better of this. I know this so well and this is the main fact. Thanks for share this post.

Anonymous said...

Such great info about the Tracy blog info. Online guidance can simply offer focal points to those people who know the usage of web and PC genuinely by and large an understudy who don't consider web and check this out he puts vitality in both preparing and use of PC.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post, With the movement of time the progress is amazingly fundamental in each field of life. Movement of guidance is furthermore indispensable. We look here a wide scope of the progress of preparing and writing in your creation.