Friday, December 26, 2008

news/ job/ funny

Dec. 25 News: Last night I was watching CNBC with Patrick. Did you know that the average man in Russia lives to be 59 years old. In the US, a average man lives to be 75 years old. Russia is the nation that drinks the most alcohol.

Writing: I realized that I have twenty- three 3.5 floppy disks, yet I only have 5 scripts. Only one is truly complete. Yes, I write on scrap paper, but they don't always make it onto the disks.

I learned something from Glynis. Stories need conflict, and I can create conflict in drama. I can't write conflict in comedy. As I was watching The Mentalist, I decided to write drama, with some comedy peppered in.

Music: I borrowed the new Madonna cd called "Hard Candy" from the library. It's an alright cd. It's got some good dance tracks. I don't really like her voice. She's a good performer in music. Not exactly good in the movies. It's like with Mandy Moore and Jessica Simpson. They debuted as music artists, but are more successful in the movies than in music.

Today I saw The Young and the Restless. C'mon, I haven't seen that show since August when I had those days off. It was a Christmas episode. I was eating my lunch and vacuuming and the show was on.

I watched an episode of Tru Calling. Now I'm thinking of rewinding time back to 2003, and telling all my friends to watch the show. That wouldn't make a difference because this show is on FOX, and it would still have been cancelled anyway.

Dec. 26 Job: Today I worked from 9am-5pm. It's the first time I opened by myself. It's a Friday, but it felt like a Saturday due to the stream of customers. I also got to chat with Silvia. She remembered that I used to work at a bank. I also gave her a rundown of all the people who worked here:

"Kristen and Angel worked here for one day, and I never met them. Rashed and Jenna worked here for one day and quit, and I met them. Jennifer worked here for a month and then quit. Dana worked here for a month, and quit. There was a girl who worked here for a week and quit. Mark quit, and Molly took over. Maygen quit three days ago."

Funny: So today was interesting. Silvia said that our co-worker Christine didn't remember her name, even though they have worked for a few years together. Now that I think about, that has happened to me before.

I know this guy Shane Goden since 1999. We went to high school together. I think. Well I know we were in the same gr. 9 homeroom. Then I bumped into him in 2006. I remembered his name, but he didn't remember mine. He did say he knows me.

Then I bumped into Melina whom I know since 1999, and when to high school with. We graduated in 2003. Then in 2005, I bumped into her on the bus. Then in 2006 we met again on the bus. Then a few months ago this year, I bumped into her at the mall. She thought my name was Vivian or something. We've known each other all these years, but the name slipped her mind.

It also happend with this guy Tyler who I went to high school with. I bumped into him 2005. He remembered my name then. Then I bumped into him in 2006, and he was like: "Tracy right?" He wasn't quite sure.

Facebook: Today I gave a Facebook gift to all 54 of my friends there. Omar from MacEwan posted on my wall saying this: "Thanks. At first I was wary of getting virtual cologne--conscientious in fact--and then I realized that everyone was getting cologne, so, I feel better, and delighted too! Merry Christmas."
lol.

No comments: