Monday, December 29, 2008

coincidence/ names/ lesson

Dec. 27 Coincidence: Today at work, I was talking to Silvia.

Me: Did you go to West Edmonton mall?
S: Yeah.
Me: Today I read in the Edmonton Journal about a new restaurant called the Red Piano on Bourbon Street. It says it's really good, but rather expensive. A salad is $13 and the same goes for a sandwich.
S: I was there last Saturday. It's $10 cover charge just to get in. The bouncer said that we had to be 21 and over, but he said: "Well you look like nice girls, so I'll let you in." All the people there were like in their 40s so it was awkward.
Me: Oh yeah, in the article it said it's for people over 25.
S: I bought a drink and it was like $7 and it didn't taste good. It was raspberry- something.

Dream: I had this weird dream the other night. The Jonas Brothers worked at the Soup place. In my head I was thinking: "Well I guess more girls are going to come here."

Job: I want to add that Lisa quit after two weeks and Ray quit. That will be 10 people who quit for the 7 months that I have worked there.

Names: At work, Silvia told me that she knows a guy named Awesome, but it's spelled Aseem.
Me: Is he East- Indian?
S: Yes.
Me: I know a girl named Harmonie. Guess what her sister's name is.
S: Peace. I'm just kidding. Angel?
Me: Melodie. I know this guy named Alpha. I asked: "What's your sister's name? Beta?" He's like: "No, it's Charlene. Do you know how many times I get that?"

I told my sister this.

S guessed right on Harmonie's sister being named Melodie. 

 I asked my brother P what Harmonie's sister name was and he said: "Joy."

Me: I have a friend named Leslie Simpson.
Silvia: What's so funny?
Me: People always tell her that her name sounds like Lisa Simpson from The Simpsons.
That's rare that she didn't make the connection.

Flash Gordon: Earlier this week, I saw a commercial for the TV show Flash Gordon. I know about this show because it stars Edmonton actor Eric Johnson (Whitney from Smallville.) It was on the Sci-fi channel in 2007. In the summer I heard that it will be on the Space Channel here in Canada. I was excited. I tried to look for when the show will be on, but I couldn't find it.

Then I saw that commercial that the show will be on Space on Saturdays. I looked it up on my TV, and it said it will be on at 5pm. Damn it, I'm at work. All I can say is that this show has been airing since September, and I missed all the episodes because I was at work and that I didn't know when it was on. I'll see if I can rent the first season on dvd. I know the show got cancelled from Sci-fi after one season.

Dec. 28: Today I worked on a Sunday from 10:30am-5pm. It was slow so I was able to do some writing.

Lesson: I learned something from the TV show Made in Canada back in 2003. The show is about a group of TV producers in Canada. It's a comedy. The lesson is you can't force someone to quit their job. Well you can, but you will most likely get sued for it. In the episode, Rick Mercer's character Richard and his friend Victor were trying to get another producer fired.

R calls the Producer in the middle of the night: "You need to delete this character and writer her off the show."
V calls the Producer also at the same time: "You need to keep that (same) character and write more storylines for her."

Producer then sues the company for purposely trying to get him to quit the job. Well R and V were being too blatantly obvious in trying to get him to quit. 

When I worked at the Big Company, they basically said to me: "Shape up or ship out. Become good at your job right now, or quit." They weren't trying to get me to quit, they were trying to make me improve or quit.

I also remembered Lisa who used to work at the Soup place. She told me how she worked at Treats in the Commerce building in City Centre mall, and the boss was always yelling at her over little things. I don't think he was trying to get her to quit. He hired her, and then she quit after a week. That guy was basically a jerk.

Dec. 29 Dexter: Today was my day off so I rented the second season of the TV show Dexter. I borrowed two discs. I watched the first six episodes in a row. I wanted to watch the second season for a long time. First I couldn't get it on TV. I watched the first season on CTV when Showtime was airing the second season. Then I had to wait until the second season comes on dvd.

Then when it was on dvd, I was busy working, and there were all these new episodes of my favorite TV shows like Prison Break and Heroes. I get a day off, and there is nothing on TV all day so that's why I watched it. It's a really good show. I'm sure my friend Leslie will be happy that I won't be emailing her if she can burn me the episodes on a cd-rom or a USB key now. lol.

Look alike: Oh yeah, and there is a new character on the show, Special Agent Ted Lundy. He's the same actor who played a serial killer on Criminal Minds. He looks like my Writing for the Ear teacher Derek.

Movie: I saw March of the Penguins last night. It's Morgan Freeman narrating the movie. It was on TV. I thought the movie was going to be boring, and I was right. I wouldn't pay to see it in the theatres or rent it. I could get to watch this for free on TV. Patrick is always watching animal documentaries on Discovery Channel. This movie is another documentary I could have easily saw on Discovery. If you like penguins or Morgan Freeman, go watch it.

Blog: This is my 100th blog post on www.badcb.blogspot.com. I started this blog in Basic HTML earlier this year. This is also my last blog of this year. Well I didn't start putting up my weekly emails until April. Also in October, I put up all these old emails I saved so that is how I ended up at 100 posts at the end of the year.

No comments: