Wednesday, December 3, 2008

charity/ coincidence/ funny

Nov. 29 Charity: The other day, the Mustard Seed charity sent a letter to my house. It wasn't directly addressed to me. They help homeless people. A coincidence was that, the door bell rang, and it's a guy advertising this children that helps children in third world countries.

News: I read in the Metro that the bad economy is making people spend less money on entertainment. It will then increase people watching TV.

Dream: I had this dream a few weeks ago. It's a sign that I have watched too much A Haunting. I watch MADtv now during the timeslot because the show is getting cancelled after this season. My house was haunted, and the ghosts only confront you when you're alone in the washroom. There is a ghost who is a young guy. Then there is his mom who's a ghost.

There was a black guy in my house, and I tell him to look in the phone book to call for some ghost hunters or psychics because when you live in a haunted house, that's what you do. I was trying to get the ghost angry by describing to the ghost hunter that the mom ghost was overweight. The ghost hunters come. For some reason my friend Jessica was in the dream too.

Coincidence: A couple of weeks ago, in one week I bumped into three people I knew. Tyler and Chelsea from high school, and my friend Sonia. Today my friend Daniel Newark passed by and we chatted for a bit. He tells me he's bruised up because he got into a fight.

Me: Was it at a bar?
D: Yeah.
I guessed right on that one. Maybe because I always write fight scenes in my script and it often occurs there. Then again that occurs in real life too.

I remember this one time back in 2006 I saw that TV show Free Ride. It starred Edmonton actor Josh Dean where he plays a guy who went to college for four years. He comes back and bumps into three people he knew from high school in one day which I found unrealistic. I would be lucky to bump into one person from high school or college once a month.

Crazy: Yesterday I watched a little bit of Tyra because I had time. They had Robert Pattinson on from Twilight. I then went to Tyra's website and saw an upcoming episode on Thursday Dec. 4: "Tyra talks to sex workers who are desperate to leave the industry because of dangerous, scary experiences they’ve had. One of Tyra’s most controversial guests, Summer, returns to confront her father -- who pushed her into prostitution and even waxed her bikini line. Summer confronts her dad and the hot new protégé who took her place when she left the business!"

I find the episode description somewhat false. I saw that episode months ago and I remember it. It was Summer who wanted to be in the sex industry, and she wasn't pushed into it. The dad decided to help her. I am shocked that the dad went and got another girl to manage.

I posted the above on twop.com. I had just saw the video preview of it, but it looks like Summer is yelling and crying at her dad that he really did push her into it. The first time I saw that episode, they had other women talk about prositution, and Summer had some part in the segment. It looks like this episode is all about her this time. It shows Tyra yelling at the dad: "Have you lost your damn mind?!" I have to watch it.

I said it before that I only watch Tyra when they discuss teen pregnancy and prostitution. This ep looks really good.

Nov. 30: Last night there was a car accident a couple of blocks away from my house. I was on my way home from work, and the bus had to stop. I walked the two blocks to my house.

Gift cards: Some say gift cards are bad gifts. They aren't. It's like cash, but there is thought put into it because of what store the gift card is for. Last Christmas my parents got a Sobey's gift card. However we didn't use it for months because we use Superstore and Safeway. However, a Sobeys opened in downtown and I went there. They have great lasagna, sushi, and Indian food.

It is a good gift. Today I tried to put money on the card, but it didn't work. Did you know that after you use up the money on the card, the card can't be used again? I had to buy this other gift card instead.

Dec. 1 Sick: Today I had a stomach ache and went home two and a half hours before worke ended. I looked at what I ate: A small slice of cake from a Chinese bakery which has whip cream and a little fruit in it. A ham sandwich, a cup of coffee, half cup of pop, and lots of water. I didn't spend time with anyone who has a cold. I dress warmly and wear my hood to keep my head warm. Did you know that you lose 25% of your body heat through your head?

It was rather warm today, especially for a December and still no snow. Maybe wind blew at my stomach from underneath my coat, and that's how I got a stomach ache.

Funny: I was reading the Globe and Mail and it talked to people who hired bad employees. One person said that he hired this guy who worked for a week, and the guy said he was going to Florida for a week and if it's okay. The boss said no. Then the guy kept calling in sick every day of the week. He comes back with a tan. lol. There was another woman who got hired, and on the second day of the job fell asleep in the CEO's office.

Well it makes me look like a good worker. I remember this one time I was watching 20/20, and they talked to Ivanka Trump who started her job as a Vice- President of the Donald Trump company. I was indifferent with her being there. I figured if the company crashed and burned because Donald put his daughter into the Vice- President position, that's not my problem. I now think if I got hired there, I might end up bringing down the company from the inside like I did with the bank. Well Ivanka said she went to business school, and sometimes works 19 hour work days. She is working hoe s Vice- President would work as.

Green: I was reading an article in the Journal about a family that doesn't buy anything for one year. They were really happy, got out of debt, and put money in their savings. They only bought necessities like food, socks, and underwear, bills, and rent. You can go to this website where they blog about it.
http://www.sfcompact.blogspot.com/

Dec. 3: I'm still sick, but getting better. I took Gravol which makes me really drowsy. I should have read the side effects. I took two pills and I slept for 13 hours. Today I took 4 pills and I took a nap after work and slept for one hour.

Here's another coincidence: Not only am I sick, but so are my co-workers Maygen and Molly.

No comments: