Friday, November 21, 2008

news/ progress

Nov. 15 News: The following TV shows have been cancelled:

Lipstick Jungle- That's fine by me since I don't watch it.

My Own Worst Enemy- They will air the rest of the episodes, but they aren't ordering anymore.

MADtv- I like this show. They will try to shop it to other networks. When I read that, I actually groaned. It's like that time back in 2003, I was reading that LA Dragnet was getting cancelled. I liked that show.

Job: I have another lesson I learned from work. When I was working at the Department store and Clothing store #2, I learned: "If the store is big, then there is a lot of work."

The new lesson I learned from Clothing store #2 and Clothing store #3 is: "If the store is untidy, then it will be a hard job." When I was working at Call Centre #1, the store was clean. "If the store is mostly clean, then the job would be easy."

Writing:
Today I did some writing on The Fighter. I'm going to make it longer and send it to this production company again. This woman there read my script and sent me notes on how to improve it. I took most of her suggestions and continue to improve on it.

Interests: I'm adding "Working at a clothing store" to the list of "Things I used to like and then dislike." On the list are: Working at Call Centre #2, O-town, Dr. Phil, Maury, John Mayer's music, Introductory Rhetoric.

Nov. 16: I'm going to add that I used to like the girl group B*Witched. I bought the second cd and then a couple years later I gave it to my friend Leslie because she has the first cd. I will also admit that I used to like S Club 7.

Progress: I'm cutting down on TV. I don't watch Primetime. The last episode I've actually seen was months ago. I only watch Dateline regulary. I only watch when they do "To Catch a Predator" episode and the last time I saw an ep of that was back in summer 2007.

I also made a lot of progress in my writing. I may be working full time, but I make time to write.

Nov. 19: Today I emailed back that woman from that production company. Glynis had written these notes about the first draft of my screenplay The Fighter. It was 6 weeks ago when she emailed me. Now I emailed her back with my new draft and the notes she gave me. I thanked her for her constructive criticism.

I was going to email her back after I get the script to 60 pages. The first draft was 24 pages. I then took her notes and got it to 46 pages. Then I hit writer's block and stopped. I decided that I might as well send Glynis the 46 pages, and she can give me more tips so I can complete it. It has a beginning, middle, and end, but it needs to be longer.

I figured if her tips got me to write 22 pages, she can read the new draft and give me tips so I can finish it.

Nov. 20: Last night I saw the finale of Secret Life of the American Teenager and finished reading the entire thread of that show on twop.com. I also finally got to post on that thread.

I'm going to add that I like to watch Kyle XY and Blood Ties, but they're not on anymore. Even if they were on, I have seen all the episodes so I am making progress in cutting down on TV.

Nov. 21: Today was my last day at Clothing store #3. This week I worked 60 hours. I have never worked that many hours before. I decided that if I have to work that much to live off of, I will. For now I don't need to. I also don't really like the store that much. People are nice, but I realized that I don't even like helping people get change rooms or interact with customers.

I like interacting with customers at the Soup place. I guess I needed some sort of interlude where I try out a new job.

No comments: