Friday, November 28, 2008

news/ influence/ movie

Nov. 26 News: The following TV shows have been cancelled: Eli Stone, Pushing Daisies, Dirty Sexy Money, The Ex- List. That's good, because I don't watch or care about any of those shows. I did read an article in the Journal, and they interviewed my Facebook friend (lol) and actor Ron Pederson. He was on the show MADtv from 2002-2005. He discussed about the show getting cancelled and how he was on it.

The producers told him to write the skits for the demographic. He said he wrote a skit about Neptune, and the producers tell him to write in Justin Timberlake in there. He mainly played Clay Aiken and Woody Allen.

Nov. 27: I read in the newspaper that in Prince Edward Island, it's illegal to go shopping on Sunday from January to May. I thought that was weird, but at least you get to do online shopping on those days.

I was on Yahoo news and: "192 of Wal-Mart Canada's 310 stores will stay open around the clock from Dec. 1 to Christmas Eve." 310 stores doesn't sound like a lot, but it is. In the article it says that Wal- Mart is the world's biggest retailer.

Writing: So I was thinking about how there are all these TV shows about doctors, cops, FBI, CSI, and mainly law enforcement. Are there any TV shows out there that don't have that? Well there is Lost which is about people living on an island, and Desperate Housewives living in suburbia.

I realized that the TV shows 30 Rock, The Smart Woman Survival Guide, and the cancelled show Made in Canada (starring Rick Mercer) are about working for a TV studio. There is The Office about a company selling paper. There was a cartoon about Dilbert and he was working as an engineer. I want to be creative, but look at the shows that are cancelled like Pushing Daisies and Robson Arms that aren't about the work place.

Influence: TV does have a big influence on me. The whole "planting drugs to get someone in trouble" idea is from TV. It worked on the Veronica Mars pilot where Veronica planted a bong in her enemy's Logan's locker. I saw it on Degrassi: The Next Generation where Peter plants weed in Sean's locker. A couple of week's ago, in The Office, the boss Michael plants drugs in this employee's desk. However, it wasn't really drugs at all.

Nov. 28 Movie: I just saw The Others starring Nicole Kidman. I was on Fametracker Forums back in 2002/ 2003 and people were discussing movies. In spoiler tags, the ending was highlighted. I read it. It sounded really good, so when it came on TV today I checked it out. It was good. You should watch it. I was scared. It had a really good plot twist ending.

No comments: