Friday, October 31, 2008

job search/ Halloween

Oct. 29 Job search: Great news guys. I finally got a callback from HMV since I applied there multiple times since I started looking for a job in 2003. I have an interview on Sunday. It's at Kingsway mall. I will tell them I would prefer to work at the one at City Centre. Now I can get my dream job, even though it may be temporary for the holidays.

Writing: I submitted my article to Metro and the editor emailed me back saying:

"I have received your submission and it does not fit the style of our newspaper and it is far too long. Next time you contact a newspaper or magazine please study the content and format of the publication you would like to work for. Find out how much freelance material they use and how much content is generated in-house. Look at the stories they are running. Then tailor your submission accordingly."

Okay, fine I need to work on it and tailor it to Metro. I read that paper everyday when work is kind of slow and there aren't any customers.

Job: Justin is my managers's son and I did work in the same building when I had my job at the bank. I asked him if he and the bank has moved to their new office yet.

J: Yes. It's so big because everybody is on the same floor. It's on the 3rd floor, right by the Evaline Charles Academy.

For some reason, I suddenly felt angry for a moment. I felt like egging their office and the excuse is that it's Halloween. The anger then passes. I didn't like the job and I'm not going to egg their office. I asked Justin due to curiousity. Maybe he would tell me that they won't be moving into their new office or something.

Oct. 30 Green: The sink at my work was leaking a lot of water. We did use it to wash the dishes, but there is still a lot of water that leaks during at night when we're closed. It finally got fixed last week. What I want to add is that I don't really like band- aids. You use it and discard it, but you have to because it is medical.

Progress: I worked on my news article for the Metro. The article was originally a speech for Writing for the Ear clas and it was 1193 words. That is way too long. I really studied how long the articles were and they are about 500 words. Right now I deleted some things and it's down to 775 words. I should have read it again before submitting it to the Metro. I mentioned the Edmonton Journal, too much about my personal experience, a little repetive at one point.

I have now submitted the article which is 644 words long. I also thanked the editor for reading it, and giving me helpful and constructive critcism.

Oct. 31 Celeb news: The top dead celebrities that are making money:

1. Elvis Presley since he died 30 yrs ago.
2. Charles M. Schultz who created Peanuts.
3. Heath Ledger.

Well there are always dead celebs making money like James Dean and Marilyn Monroe. As usual I have to go to Calender Club and look at the James Dean's calenders. I remember back in 2004, I was so obsessed with him. It started off with buying a poster of him with his quote: "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." Then on Boxing Day I bought 3 JD calenders because they were 50% off. I then took the calenders apart and put them all up in my room. There were like 34 pics of him. I had 2 of the same pics.

I had put a small pile of pics I had of him that I didn't put up. Then in 2005, I bought 2 JD calenders and put some new pics up and took down some old ones. Later I let Leslie, Dale, Jessi pick which ones they liked. Then I gave the rest to my friend Daniel from Arts Management. I also bought all three of his movies: East of Eden, Rebel Without a Cause, and Giant. The poster, 5 calenders, 3 dvds, this book full of photos, would be about $140.

I'm getting a flashback of 1998 when my friend Heather was celebrating her bday and I went to Walmart and bought her a Peanuts Calender. Her bday is Nov. 26. My shopping tip is to buy calenders on Boxing Day and later.

Halloween: I'm getting a flashback of the old TV show Eric's World. There was Halloween ep and Eric didn't know what to dress as a vampire, dentist, or a Mexican. He decides to put on all three with the fangs, the scrubs, and the sambraro. lol.

I passed out candy. We bought one box, then later we bought groceries and they gave us a box of candy for buying a certain amount of food. I passed out the Crispy Crunch candy because my family and I don't like to eat it. We got about a dozen trick- or- treaters. A few people trick- or- treated at work.

City Centre: Calender Club is where the store Bears and Wishes was. I'm guessing Bears is closed until Jan comes or whenever the renovations for the store is done. Where it's Art didn't close down. It moved to where $1 Store Plus ued to be.

No comments: