Friday, September 12, 2008

writing/ inspired/ Prince Harry

Sept. 8 Writing: One producer wrote back asking me a question. I emailed back.

I was on twop.com and read a few pages about the miniseries Samurai Girl. I spoiled myself, but I don't even know if I am even going to get this show in Canada. The people posted about there were a lot of plot holes, but it was fun to watch. It turns out the lead actress Jamie Chung was on The Real World: San Diego.

Analyze: I was thinking about how TV makes me really happy. Criminal Minds is coming back on Wed. Sept. 24. We will see who got into a car that blew up. From the preview I can cross out Garcia, and a couple of others. I was working today, and I was thinking about the TV show The Listener. It's not on yet, but I am looking forward to watching Craig Olejnik in it. I get to live vicariously through TV.

Sept.9 Funny: Today at work, I worked at the Mailroom.  It's good. I became fast friends with Bryant and we talked about writing.

We were walking through City Centre and pointed out to the stores I did job interviews at and didn't get hired like Suzy Sheir, Smart Set, and Eddie Baur.  He said that I was "jaded." I'm not bitter, but I applied to many stores in this mall.

Another TV production company emailed me back and I sent them the synopsis.

News: The old TV show Invisible Man is out on dvd now! I went on twop.com and found out about it. It stars Vincent Ventresca and Paul Ben- Victor. It's about a con-man who has a scientist brother. The brother created this invisible gland and injected into VV, the con man. Now VV can turn invisible and he works for the government. It's a funny sci-fi show. Check it out: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0220238/

This show had 2 seasons, first season had 23 eps, second season had 22 eps. It came from 2000-2002. I was late in joining the show by watching it in 2004. I saw some eps and enjoyed it. Now I think I will buy the dvds.

Sept. 10: It turns out The Listener will be coming out on Jan. 2009, so I'll have to wait. Though today I was seriously thinking of buying the TV movie Obituary on dvd.

Job: Today at work was really good at the company.

Question: My question is this: I read in the magazine Real Simple on how to simply your life. Use your address labels when you're filling out personal information like job applications. Some of my address labels mention charities like Heart and Stroke Foundation and STARS (rescue helicopters). If I put that on the job application, would that look favourable to me?

On the address labels it also says Mrs. I should cross that out so I won't give people the wrong impression. The boss may ask that in a job interview if I'm married, and I would say no. They would then think I'm lying if I use those labels. Well I'll cross out the Mrs. then. I get so many of these address labels from charities, I know for sure I have over 200.

Sept. 11 Good news: Yesterday I got home from work and emailed 24 TV production companies. Today 2 of them emailed back turning me down. I used to say (fake cough in hand): "Rejected!" Then I checked my rebel account and this TV producer emailed me back. She had faxed me because my professional account wouldn't get her email and phone number got a fax machine instead. Yesterday I called her again since I did call her the week before with no reply.

I gave her my rebel account and she emailed back. She said the person who's in script development is away and she will contact me in mid- October. I had emailed this tv producer, and then he told me to email Super Channel, and now Super Channel emailed me.

Inspired: I think my friend Heather kind of inspired me. She emailed saying she didn't have enough time to read my 2 weekly emails. I told her that's fine. H tells me to go and write a book. I tell her that I'm busy pitching my script.

Yesterday I read in the Globe and Mail Careers section about how "Cold calls can lead to Hot Jobs." They talked to this recent graduate who went up and started giving out his resume and start talking to the people who worked there.

Call with a 20 sec spiel introducing yourself. Ask for an "informational interview" and ask about the company. Don't ask for a job, but say that you're interested and am looking for one. That kind of inspired me. I've been doing this since Jan. 2008. I did cold calling by pitching my script by emailing TV production companies. Call, email, talk to workers.

Prince Harry:
I called John today, and he said 25 military guys came to the Travel Lodge to have breakfast. He then saw Prince Harry and asked him if he really is who he is. He said yes! J then served him.

J: What else would you like to drink?
H: Tea would be wonderful.
After we hung up, I went and told Patrick.

P: Oh yeah, I heard that Prince Harry was in Medicine Hat. I read about it on yahoo news today.

Sept. 12: I pitched my script to 14 TV production companies yesterday.

I read in The Journal today, that Craigslist has a lot of criminals. One man advertises that he's a handyman and he is looking for work so he could feed his four kids. Someone emails him saying that he will pay him so that he could sexually abuse one of his kids. Scary.

5 comments:

dear said...

When you have written a nominal content so everyone gets impressed even you yourself and this website is an initiative to help the users to create unique contents.

Para said...

Every person int eh country is inspired by the royal family and the work they have done to make important link for the students so they can learn for the betterment of the country.

mikon said...

If the story is inspiring so you get inspired as well as when you visit site so you have something in your mind that can help you to understand what is behind the story and how you can change the topic at any point.

martin said...

I just love to read about prince harry as he has become the center of attraction. Writing is also good here so i will check this out more to know best post.

Anonymous said...

Writing stories are always interesting to have it. I usually look here to understand about such kind of writing with more interest.