Monday, September 8, 2008

review/ friends

Sept. 4 Review: Last night I saw the Secret Life of an American Teenager pilot. It was written and created by Brenda Hampton who created one of the worst TV shows ever, 7th Heaven. However, when I was watching this pilot, I wasn't angry. I didn't yell or swear at the TV at all. At least for this ep. Maybe later on I will.The show is about a 15yr old girl who had sex at band camp and got pregnant. It's not that bad. I remember a time back in 2001, I watched a 7th Heaven ep where the Olsen twins guest-starred. I didn't have as much of a problem watching TV shows that get me angry like I did back in 2006 with Dr Phil and Maury. I was yelling and swearing at the TV because the Olsen twins characters were misbehaving and being annoying. I only watched that episode out of boredom. I don't watch that show on a regular basis and I never liked it.

Anyway, watching American Teenager reminded me of the days I was in high school. Well there was this part where the girl's friend says that she should go out with this guy, have sex with him, and convince him that he got her pregnant though she was already pregnant before and is carrying some other guy's baby. She is saying that the girl should get married, even though it is not to the baby's father.

Well I had always thought if you get pregnant, you should marry the father. It wasn't until I was 20 years old and was watching an ep of Dr Phil that I learned that you shouldn't do that. Doesn't mean that you have a kid with someone means that you should get married to that person. I feel like at 15yrs old, I would say you should marry the father. In this case though, it looks she wouldn't. We'll see.

A Haunting: Last week I saw an ep where it wasn't about someone moving into a haunted house like nearly all the episodes I saw. It was about a guy who studied the occult and then calls out these four spirits to him. Then weird and scary occurances happen to him and his mom, and his little sister. He then calls a white witch and he does a spell to protect the family.

It turns out later to be the guy was posessed and then he goes and sees this pyschic. She asks him to say a prayer with him. It was hard for him too, and then the demon came out in him. She then casts the demon out of him.

Sept. 5 Friends: Last night I talked to my friend Angela on the phone. She told me that I should ask my supervisors to get another position in the company if I don't like it.

I asked, and they said the mailroom, I would have to carry 40-50 pounds of mail though. There are carts to carry the mail. They asked what if I don't like it? I will work at data entry for another week and see how it goes.

They said I can't be moving from one position to another position. They did apologize to me that it was bad of me to start at the end of the month when it's chaotic. Also I still have to work for another month in this crappy building where we are spread out in 6 floors. It's not until next month we move to a building where we are on one floor.

Today my friend Chamnouer called me back and she said she was working at the department store Giant Tiger for a year now. That's good. I only worked at the Multicultural Centre for 2yrs. My mom gave me that job as my first job when I was 18yrs old. I only worked there once a week on Sat. C told me she got laid off from Call Centre #2 after one month because they got all this new technology. It happened in 2007. She didn't sound angry. I told her that it closed down earlier this year. So even though she got laid off last summer, she still would have lost her job some months later.

Kaya: Today I saw the new show Kaya. It actually was on the TV network The N in the USA. I heard it was like Instant Star. IS ended their fourth and final season last week. Yeah, well at least I get to see the reruns on Muchmusic and MTV. Kaya is about a singer of a rock band. Her little sister died in a car accident. K is 21yrs old and signed onto a big label after the band's first album went platinum on an indie label.

Sept. 6: Today I worked from 10am-6pm. I was supposed to work until 4pm, but they needed me to work till close. That's because a worker was sick. I was looking at the schedule and I see that Mark, Ray, and Silvia have quit. There was a new name Cam. I asked who he was and he is Ray's brother. Interesting.

Feelings: I don't really feel angry. The only anger I get is very light. There is the Secret Life of an American Teenager debuting 2 months later on Citytv and that show came out on ABC Family in the summer. Kaya came out last year and I'm getting the show now. Today I went to watch A Haunting and it's not even on.

Sept. 7 Crazy: It was crazy yesterday. After work I went to Leslie's house expecting her to not be home and be at Heather's going away party. She was home and I hung out there for an hour waiting for her mom to come and drive us to the party. We talked and played with her dog. Then I went home and ate dinner. L called and I went to her house and we drove to the pub. We all hung out and had fun for an hour.

L told me that she doesn't answer her phone because of telemarketers who call her five times a day. Damn, that's a lot. L tells them to put her on a do-not- call list, but they keep rambling on. I told H about my job at a big company and she congratulated me.

Dream: Since I was hanging out with L last night, I then dreamt about her. We were on vacation together and she needed a quarter to withdraw money. I then gave one to her. It was American cash. We went to a club and it was in Vancouver. It looked really cool.

Music: Donnie Klang released his album on Sept. 2 and you can listen to the clips here:

http://www.amazon.com/Just-Rolling-Stone-Donnie-Klang/dp/B0018CWWI2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1220830983&sr=8-1

You can watch his music video "Take you there" with interviews on www.myspace.com/donnieklang

My sister downloaded the Gossip Girl soundtrack and I listened to it. It has ballads, rock, dance tracks in it. Really fun and cool to listen too.

Fun: First I talked to Angela one night, then I talked to Chamnouer the next night, then I hang out with Leslie, her mom, and Heather the next night. Now tonight Michelle emailed me congratulating about my big company job. It seems everybody is happy that I got a job at a big company except me. Michelle, like Chamnouer asked me how I got a job at a bank because she wants to get one too.

I emailed her the clip again. It's a good thing I do have that blog that has all my weekly emails so then I copy and pasted it to her. Another coincidence is that Michelle moved to Vancouver and Heather is moving to Nova Scotia.

Writing: Yesterday a production company rejected me. I pitched my script to 38 companies today. I was inspired because I pitched to Shaftesbury, a company that produced The Listener. That TV show is coming out this fall and it stars Craig Oleynik. I mentioned him before, I saw him on the TV movie Obituary, and TV shows like Wolf Lake, and So Weird. I have a crush on him. He plays a mind reader and this is a sci-fi show where he tries to help people.

Funny: This morning S lost her watch. She often loses things and I had to help her find it. It took about twenty minutes to find it. It was under her desk, between the wall and the desk. There was a small crack there and I had to crawl in and get it. S was thankful and gave me $5 for finding it.

Sept. 8: Today at work, it was better.

My boss is motivating me. I'm trying really hard to motivate myself and that's really hard to do. I have to do this for my parents. They want me to work here.

No comments: