Thursday, September 4, 2008

motivation/ movie/ fun

Sept. 1 Motivation: I haven't been writing due to the lack of inspiration. Anthony Horowitz, the author of the young adult book series Alex Rider advises to go and do something and write about it. I had written about working for an unethical company last summer. I then was inspired that staffing agencies are bad so I continued to write about a girl working for an unethical company.

I have the new experience of working in an office, however my big company isn't unethical. Unless it is and I don't know about it. I still don't have anything to write about. I also haven't been studying for my class. I decided to just send and pitch my script by emailing every TV production company that I can find. Yesterday I pitched my script to 18 places. A couple of weeks before I pitched to 10 places.

Movie: Last night I saw the movie They. It came out in 2002, it starred Laura Regan, Marc Blucas (Riley from Buffy), and Ethan Embry. A young woman experience night terrors as a child and later her friend commits suicide. She then meet his other friends who also experienced it. There is a monster who chases them and gets them in the dark. It wasn't very good. It actually reminded me of the movie Darkness Falls where a monster chases a guy and gets him in the dark.

DF wasn't really that good either. A coincidence was that DF came in 2003 and had Buffy actress Emma Caulfield who played Anya. I would rather watch DF over They.

Analyze: The power of positive thinking. I was thinking about when I was working at the clothing store, I thought I was going to get fired. Dani told me I was one of the three girls who could potentially get fired. Before that this customer came in. She bought some stuff and later came back during closing if she can get a refund. She said she lost $300 cash and called security. She needs her money back so she can feed herself and her two kids.

We can only give exchanges and store credit. We call Dani and explained the situation to her. Dani says if we give her her money back, we will get fired. I was thinking: "Well if I get fired, at least it will be for a good reason." I told her she can get a free meal at Hope Mission where homeless people go. She said no.

Afterwards, one of my co-workers said that she heard about the woman saying that she got this money from her boyfriend. I then thought: "Well she can then ask her bf for money then." It was a tough situation. We wanted to help her, and not jeopardize our job.

What if I had taken the job when it was first offered to me instead of waiting three weeks later and then taking the job? Would I still be working there? Well there was still a chance I could get fired because I would have worked there for six weeks. It was still during the first three months of probation. When I was working for the Soup place, I never thought about getting fired there. I didn't get fired there.

Clean: Yesterday my mom came to my room and she ended up getting rid of 4 old pieces of clothing that I never wear. Today I went to bookmark this site that had so many links to TV production companies. I then realized since my dad has reformatted the old computer, that all my old bookmarks have been deleted. Come to think of it, I don't really even remember the last time I used the bookmarks. Then I went on the new computer and it has all these bookmarks that I forgot about.

Fun: Today I watched the season 2 premiere of Gossip Girl. It was okay. Right now I'm watching Prison Break, and I'm yelling at the TV in a good way. I'm so excited. Turns out the Sona prison burned down and Bellick and Sucre hitchhike to a gas station.

S: Are you sure your mom is going to be here?
B: She never let me down before. Yet.
Mom: Bradley!
B (throws up his arms): Mom!
I burst out laughing.

I screamed when Whistler got shot. I shouted "Oh my god!" when I saw Sarah. I didn't really think she was dead last season. I'm glad that Bellick went from a bad prison guard, to a good guy. Now they all must take down The Company.

Sept. 2: Today I watched the new 90210 with my sister. I missed the first 10min because of work. Anyway, it was really fun to watch. A couple Canadians are on the show like Sheanae Grimes from Degrassi:The Next Generation.

Job: I worked overtime by 1hr and called my mom telling her I would miss dinner. She was happy that I was doing overtime. I even talked to my boss and asked if I can come back in 1 month to work as a teller. It's because in a month we will be moving to a new building and then all the other tellers would be by me and they can help me. For now, all the tellers are on different floors.

Samurai Girl: I was on twop.com and I found out that the 6 book series Samurai Girl will be made into a short mini series. Here's the promo. It looks great. An Asian girl as the lead Jamie Chung. It's an action series on ABC Family. The book never really had an ending.

It was about a rich Japanese girl who was arranged to get married to this guy, but then there was a huge fight at the wedding. Her brother got murdered. Brendan Fehr, a Canadian actor fromt the show Roswell is in it.

http://community.abcfamily.go.com/watch/samurai-girl/samurai-girl-promo-first-look

Sept. 3: I thought of all the times I made my wishes and they came true.

1. I wished Call Centre #2 would close down and 2yrs later they did.
2. I wish my 3.5 floppy disks would stop working, and one did.
3. I was kind of wishing that I would get fired from this clothing store and I did.

Yeah, in a way I'm wishing bad things would happen, but they do end up working in my favour. I disliked Call Centre #2 after working there for 3 months. I want to get rid of those disks because they're old, but I'm not going to throw them out because I use them. The clothing store was an average job.

My mom did say before I do anything like quit, I would have to talk to her and dad about it. As usual my life revolves around TV.

It reminded me of an ep of Alias. Sydney works for the CIA and her mom Irina is a bad guy. I turns herself into the CIA and S visits her.

I: You should quit the CIA. If you continue to work here, I won't allow you to visit me.
It's to tell Sydney not to keep working at a job you don't like just to be able to see your mother.

My friend Leslie emailed me back saying she caught up on all my emails. She tells me I should keep working at this job.

Writing: I've been pitching my script to many companies. I've been keeping track.

Aug. 31- emailed 17 companies.
Sept. 1-emailed 38 companies
Sept. 2- emailed 2 people at one company.

No comments: