Friday, August 1, 2008

priorities/ movie/ good news

Jul. 30 Priorities: If I do get a job at the big company, I will have to put school first. The biggest priority is getting a college diploma. I got an email back from the program head and she said that I should finish the program this yr, or next. If I don't finish it in the next 5 yrs, I would have to reapply again.

My dad says I shouldn't mention that I will be going to school in Jan., because if I do, they won't hire me. I shouldn't tell the big company that, and get the job and work there for some months. When Jan. comes, ask if they can cut my hours. If they don't, I will quit, and get some retail job or go back to that Soup place.

Movie: Yesterday I finally saw the movie Never Back Down about mixed martial arts fighting. It's really good and fun to watch. I read bad reviews, but I really enjoyed it. If you like hot, shirtless guys fighting, you will enjoy this movie. lol. It was funny. The fight scenes are really good. It's not a high school movie, it's a fight movie. Sean Faris is the lead actor who plays the character Jake Tyler. I will say that Dijimon Hounsou (the black guy from Blood Diamond), he is the one who truly stands out in the film. His performance was really good.

I liked the part where there is the big fight at the end. The Emcee announces that Tyler will be fighting his enemy Ryan McCarthy. Then, wait.
Emcee: I'm sorry, it's supposed to by Taylor vs. McCarthy. I can't read.
lol. I might as well add that the summary of the movie said: "Mixed Marshall Arts." That is supposed to be martial, not Marshall. I can pick up proofreading after all. lol.

Progress: I made progress. I haven't been on youtube at all looking for Cheaters episodes. I watched a couple min. of Oprah yesterday. I haven't seen that show in a few months. When I was in Calgary earlier this month, I watched a bit of Tyra and The Young and the Restless. These are average daytime shows. They don't get me angry. I don't watch it very often, because it doesn't really interest me. I only watch these shows every 2 or 3 months.

Jul. 31 Hunt: Time to change the job search to the job hunt. I need a more aggressive word. I passed out my revised resume to ATB Financial and HSBC bank. I applied there 2 months ago. I also got paid today. I feel good that I am filling up my bank account.

Aug. 1 Good news: Hey guys, I think I got hired at the big company.

I don't know, I don't totally believe it. Maybe I will have to hear it, and actually sit in the desk and learn the job. I'm surprised; I thought I didn't get the job. We'll see how it goes if I am fit for the job. I'll get my negative thinking out: I may end up getting fired for being bad at it, or getting so depressed that no matter how much paxil I take I won't feel any better.

When I got the email, I wasn't even excited. Maybe a little bit. Now I have money and respect from my parents and sister. I guess my grandma's respect too. They respect me, but I know they don't think I'm really smart.

That was an hr and half ago when I wrote that. I broke the news to John, and he was really happy and excited for me. Then I told my dad, and in calm tone he said: "That's good." A few moments later he says: "That's very good." We talked and he said that it would be okay if I quit at the end of Dec. to go to school. He did add: "But think about where else are you going to find a better paying job than this?" True.

I told him about Call Centre #2: "After I worked there for 3 months, I hated it. Then I continued to work there for 2 more months until school started because I couldn't find a job that paid better than $9.50/hr. Talking about this job with my parents really let it sink in that I did get hired.

Another thing that was good was that my sister came upstairs as I was talking with dad.
Me: I got hired at the big company, so I'm not stupid!
S: Shut up, I came upstairs to use the washroom.

After I had done that big company interview, dad and I were talking about getting an office job. Then S said I was stupid. Well I proved her wrong. Then again, S got this articling job at a law firm that pays well. S says she has achieved one of her life goals on her list. Well good for her.

When I told my mom, her eyebrows raised and her eyes lit up. She shook my hand and patted my shoulder. She was way more happy than my dad, or at least showed more happiness than my dad did. They then went and told me to work hard during the 3 month probation.

No comments: