Sunday, August 31, 2008

news/ funny/ disk

Aug. 30 News: Last night I was watching Dateline NBC. It talked about this child soldier escaped out of the army after 4yrs. He then goes to this place where child soldiers go to be rehabiliated. He then becomes friends with this other kid. They talked about their experiences about being child soldiers and realize that they have fought in the same battles in the same places at the same time. They may have shot and killed each other's friends.

They have become close friends for life. Awww...I see that they have these books with Unicef on them. I think all of you should donate at least $5 a month to Unicef because they help children in 3rd world countries. By watching this bit, it makes me appreciate my life more.

After that I watched 20/20. They talked to the filmmaker who made The Bridge Jumpers that came out in 2007. In 2004, he put all these cameras on the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. It caught 2 dozen people jumping off the bridge to commit suicide. He says that they are humans first, and filmmakers second. If they see someone who looks like he or she is about to jump, they call 911. There are also suicide police on the bridge and there are phones for crisis counseling on the bridge.

This bridge is the only place in the world where there are so many suicides. It was built in 1937 and since then, 2000 people have committed suicide there. They talked to a man who jumped off the bridge and survived. He had bipolar disorder. He jumped and "For a millisecond, I thought 'I will die in four seconds'." He didn't want to kill himself, then he was going head first and managed to jump in a sitting position. He broke 2 vertebraes and the coast guard people saved him in less than 30min.

He is campaigning to put something there to prevent people from jumping. There may be a steel metal underneath the bridge so they can't fall into the water. There was a young woman who climbed over the rails to jump. There was a tourist taking pictures and he ended up pulling her back over the rails to stop her. The suicide police came and took her away. Then later the woman came back again. The filmmakers recognized her and called 911 right away. They prevented her from committing suicide again.

Onto lighter stuff, 20/20 reported on that internet search engines keep tabs on everything you search. You can get rid of it by deleting your history. People look up illegal activities like how to build a bomb and murder someone and make it look like an accident. There are also searches on celebrities deaths like Steve Irwin and celeb sex tapes.

Job: I did a week at the big company.

Money: Here's something I learned today. I asked my dad if I wrote this check right. He asked where I got this check and I told him I got this from my credit card bill. He says if you use those checks that the credit card company gives you, they will charge you a lot of interest. Don't use checks from credit card companies. Go to the bank and ask for your own checks.

Funny: Guys, I may have relapsed. I was on youtube and was looking for Ciara's video "Promise." I wrote "Pro" and got prostitution as one of the searches. I then clicked on it out of curiousity. I then found this video about Johntv. It's about a guy who does vigilante work and films prostitutes and johns. Here is a clip where the guy catches a prostitute and a john having sex in a car on a church parking lot. The guy confronts them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v28b5QUH1DE

I then went to www.johntv.com and on the front page, the vigilante guy was actually on Maury during those "Crazy things caught on Tape" episodes they do with Joey Greco and his Cheaters show. Now I must never watch Johntv, but if you guys are interested, go watch it.

This is a grey issue. In a way, I relapsed because this show is like Cops which I quit watching because it gets me too angry. In a way I didn't relapse because it's like Dateline: To Catch a Predator which is a news show and isn't trashy. What can I say? I like watching TV shows where they catch people doing bad things on tape and confronting them for it.

This is getting a flashback years ago where I didn't have an anger management problem. I was watching this show with Patrick. It was about female cops going undercover as prostitutes and they stand in front of a motel. When a car drives up to them, the cop tells the guy to go into this motel room. The guy goes in there, and the cops arrest him. There is always a guy that asks the undercover cop: "Are you a cop?" Of course she says no because she's undercover.

That reminds me of Dateline, someone asked the supposed 13yr old girl he's chatting online if she's a cop. Stupidity.

Well I wrote the above this morning. Now it's night time. I went to the Soup place for work. I told them that I will continue to work on Saturdays. I also got a free sandwich. Now I can have the best of both worlds. The money and respect from working at a bank and the free food and discount at the Soup place. After I got home, my mom asked if I'm tired from working 6 days a week, and I say no. That's because I'm young.

Newspaper: I read in the National Post, that people without higher education work 11 hours or more a day, about 21%. As for people with higher education it's 14%.

Yahoo news: I read that this 60 year old Winnipeg woman was driving and stopped at a red light. This carjacker opens her door and she starts pressing the horn. She then throws her coffee at him. He cuts her right thumb off and runs off. She got her thumb stitched back on. Her grandchildren calls her "Ninja Nanny." lol. That reminds me of an episode of Angel. Cordelia was with this girl who has telekinetic powers. These bad guys kidnap the girl and C throws her two cups of coffee at them.

That reminds me of my fight scenes where my characters throw drinks at the bad guys when he or she is fighting them.

Aug. 31 Motivation: I haven't been writing much. I haven't been motivated. My excuse is that last week I was busy with my new job. I worked 46hrs last week and will continue to do that for the following weeks if I manage to keep this job and the Soup place. Oh yeah, but I sure do make time to watch a couple of hours of TV at night like Big Brother.

Disk: I was thinking of that saying: "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it." I've been wishing that my colorful Memorex 3.5 floppy disks would crap out on me and stop working so I can recycle them. 3 of those disks and 2 Polaroid disks stopped working. I got them back in 2001 and earlier. Then my Maxell disk stopped working. I got that one back in 2005 so I thought they would last longer.

That Maxell disk held my Fighter script. I emailed two production companies today. Fortunately I saved a copy of my script onto my Memorex disk and I have printed it out. I also have the pitch letter saved onto my email draft account. Sheesh, I only used that disk for my Short Fiction Forms class last year, and the script for this year.

Question: Do any of you guys use USB keys? If you do, have they ever stopped working? If yes, how long have you had that USB key?

No comments: