Tuesday, August 26, 2008

movie/ job/ first day

Aug. 23 Movie: Last night I saw the movie City by the Sea. It stars Robert DeNiro as a police detective who learns that his son played by James Franco has turned into a criminal. RD has to protect his son who he hardly knows, and at the same time solve the case. It's an average movie. It isn't bad, but I personally didn't find it that interesting.

It does get better towards the end. I do like the final two scenes. It's about a father- son relationship. RD's dad wasn't that good to him, and he has to deal with that transgression.

Job: Today I worked from 12pm-6pm. I stayed an extra 20min to close. One girl didn't show up because she was sick, and another, I don't know. Stella and I were the only who were there after Don left because his shift was over.

I was watching Law and Order: SVU and I don't remember seeing it, so it must be one of the new ones I missed. As soon as I saw Bob Saget, I knew he was the guy who did it. I learned it from twop.com; the most well- known actor who appears on this show is often the guy who committed the crime.

In the ep, BS suspects his wife is cheating on him so he puts a chip in her shoulder to keep track of her. Later she ends up gettting sick because the needle in her arm to put the chip wasn't sterilized. She goes to the hospital. If you suspect your partner is cheating on you, hire a private detective to follow your partner around.

Review: Today I saw A Haunting. This ep was a little different. It is a man and his girlfriend moves into a haunted house. They later break up. The man's friend comes over to paint some rooms. She experiences some paranormal things like the couple did.

They call ghost hunters. They then experience and see a ghost man and a ghost boy. Later the guy moves out. Another twist is that the man who talks about his experiences, he doesn't show his face like all the other people who have paranormal experiences do.

Anyway, after I watch that I watch MADtv.

Music: I was checking my satellite TV channels and they play satellite radio. I found this song called "I want those flashing lights" by Colin Munroe. It's a remix of Kanye West's song "Flashing Lights." I found a live acoustic piano performance. It's really good, check it out. 2 and half min. into the performance, they start making it faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RqG2x1vpj4

Here is CM's music video for the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAyRlUtQOiE

Here is his myspace pg:
www.myspace.com/colinmunroe

I don't know about you guys, but do you get al lot of credit card companies asking you to sign with them? There is this one credit card company that asks me to sign with them every few months. I always get a letter in the mail from them. I always recycle the envelope and shred the letter. I could do what I do with charities by sending a message that says: "Please don't send me anything in the mail anymore." However, I may need a second credit card so I don't write them anything.

Aug. 25 First day: It was my first day of work at the big company. Somewhat interesting. I went on a tour with the new worker A and the HR guy P. We walked for 45min all over the building. I thought I saw Justin, the son of my managers at the Soup place. His hair and glasses from the back looks like him. Then I go to the 3rd floor, and later Justin appeared and I kind of waved at him.

The office will be moved a couple of blocks away in a couple of months. The people there are nice. I get a 15min break in the morning, a 15 min break in the afternoon. I can take a 30 min lunch break. I could also get a 1hr lunch break, but I will have to stay 30min later.

When I actually started working, I didn't like it. This guy Pa was training me. It was kind of complicated on what to press and what to stamp, the way things work. Then there was a little break.

P said he's quitting so he will go to school.
Me: So do you go to the U of A?
P: Yeah.
Me: Is your major business?
P: Yeah.
Me: 4th year?
P: Yeah. Wow, you are good.
lol. Then later I ask what specific major he is like operations and management. He says accounting.

I got home and my mom asked me about my first day. I told her I found the job boring. Then she gives me this lecture about how every job is boring and that I need this job to save enough money to buy my own place.

If you rent your own place, the money is being drained out of you. If you buy your own place, the money won't be drained out of you. I learned this from Oprah. She had some financial planner on the show.

I do like the Soup place. My mom said I was stupid to keep working there. Well I'm only going to work there during the weekends. I must think about what those Yahoo articles have said about hating your job. Focus on your hobbies and life outside of work. I guess live for the weekends.

I was thinking about how Servus Credit Union would work. I should call them and ask what branch I would work at and what my duties are. My mom says if I can find a higher paying job, then I can quit.

Well Kayle did tell me that Telus can pay up to $18/hr. I was actually at the Telus building for my lunch break. I bumped into Kayle and I found the escalators that reach to the office. I was there a few months ago at the Telus Plaza to pass my office resumes, but I only saw the food court and a Telus store. You have to walk further to the back of the building and that's where I saw the escalators.

News: I read on yahoo news that a teen girl aborted a suicide bombing and surrenders to the police. Good for her.

Aug. 26 Second day: Today was my second day on the job. It was better than yesterday.

I'm trying to keep a positive attitude. I am no longer serving the business people like I did when I was working at the Soup place. I am now one of the business people. I am also like the comic book characters Dilbert by Scott Adams and Cathy by Cathy Guisewite. As I was working, the term "Paper pusher" came to mind. I later asked Parker if he found meaning in his job.

P: What? No, it's very repetitive.

I have to find meaning in this job. There are a lot of people who need this big company. I am helping processing work. It's useful.

No comments: