Friday, August 22, 2008

movie/ fun/ job

Aug. 20 Movie: I saw The Bourne Ultimatum the other day. It was a good action flick. There is good consistency in all the films like the action, same characters, and the traveling. My brother P loves the movies and he even pointed out to me that Bourne uses the same Brazilian passport in this movie like he used in the first one. The mystery is solved and he remembers.

Great car chase and fight scenes. The dvd carries extras like how Matt Damon learned to drive in the car chase, and how he learned the fight sequences. I recommend you watch all the Bourne movies.

Job: Today I worked from 9am-4pm. I made a lot of bagels for the breakfast rush. Afterwards I then had to deal with lunch rush. After work I bumped into my old classmate Kayle. He told me he worked at HSBC as a teller, but quit after a month. He got paid $13/hr. He wasn't really good at the job because there were all these little things you had to do and he kept making mistakes.

He says he didn't put that job on his resume because he only worked there for a month. If he worked there for at least two months, then he will put that job on it.

Evan Dollard: Since Evan emailed me back on Facebook, I went to youtube to search some videos on him.

Here is an interview with him talking about how he was a competitor on American Gladiators before he became an elimanator. He is the male winner of season 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Y2OE-7Jgw

Here is Evan as a competitor: http://www.youtube.com/watchv=3UPP40EOJDg&feature=related

Evan was also in a music video for the band The Lifeline. It's a really good ballad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvUZdCKDbtQ

Here's something else I found on the internet:

"SPORTS: Rock Climbing, Water Skiing, Rollerblading, Eliminator Terminator
PROFESSION: Youth Athletic Instructor
Evan Dollard is a 25-year-old retail manager from Chicago, Illinois. Dollard is an avid rock climber and very much an outdoor enthusiast (he teaches rock climbing as a hobby). He lost his mom to brain cancer a few years ago and he is especially close with his father and brother."

"After finishing first in the Eliminator to win the competition, Evan said, 'I wanted this to be a special moment for my family, for my friends, for everyone watching at home, and especially for my mom. I love her. I was doing that for her'.”

Aww..... Here's a real good article and interivew with him:
http://www.orato.com/social-news/2008/03/07/i-am-american-gladiator

My favorite quote of his was this (talking about his mother battling with cancer): "What was amazing about it, and why I wanted to honor her life, was that she never once complained about the situation. Taking a small beating and going through some grueling challenges in the gladiator arena is really nothing compared to what she went through to keep our family together."

Aug. 21 Writing: First off, this TV producer emailed me back showing interest in my script. I'm so happy, I had to email him back.

Fun: Today at work, I bumped into a celebrity! I was making sandwiches and I see this guy who looks like this actor on a TV show. I was like: "Think Tracy, what's that show called?"

Me: Hey, aren't you on the TV show Heartland?
Guy: Yeah.
Me: That's so cool. I forgot your name.
Guy: It's Nathaniel. I play Scott.

That was so cool. Then he later introduced me to his friend Tracy. lol. This reminds me of the time that my sister's co-worker Rosa and Rosa's friend Tim bumped into Eric Johnson, who plays Whitney from Smallville. EJ was at City Centre. EJ is from Edmonton, so that explains why he was there. Heartland is shot in Alberta, so that explains why Nathaniel Arcand is in Edmonton.

Heartland is about a family running a ranch and taking care of abused horses. It's a good show, and all of you should check it out.

Lesson: Last week a girl quit after one week. She found a better paying job. This week, this other woman quit after two weeks. She was ranting about how she didn't like this job. The managers need to hire new people now. Those two women who got hired last week were to replace me, and two other workers. This is like a revolving door of workers.

However, there are three workers here who have been for one year to two years. Ray has been for a year before she quit. Mark has been here for 3 months before he quit. I will be quitting after three months. The lesson is that not every job is going to be right for you. Winners was not right for me. Ipsos was right for me. Call centres have a high turnover, but that job was a good fit for me.

Aug. 22: Here is another lesson I learned: A job is easy to get. Finding a right job that you would like and am good it, can be hard.

Today I worked from 9am-6pm. I was only to work until 4pm, but they really needed me.

Stella: If you stay here for one hour, you get a cookie. If you stay here for two hours, you get two cookies.
Me: I'll stay here for two hours to get a free sandwich.
Stella: Okay.

News: I read on Yahoo news that an 85yr old woman picked up her gun as she was being robbed in her home, and pointed at the 17 yr old robber. She forced him to call 911 and the cops arrested him. I would say: "You go girl!" The proper phrase would be: "You go woman!"

In other news I got a new fridge. It's a bit taller and wider than my old one. I only got a new fridge because the old one stopped working and couldn't keep it cool. I'll give the Inglis fridge points that it lasted for at least 20yrs. It was here when I moved into the house when I was four. It's probably been here longer than 20yrs before I moved in.

I was watching 20/20 today, and it reported that in Memphis, Tennesee, a baby dies every 43hrs. Black babies die 3 times more likely than a white baby does. The mothers are often black and poor. They don't get prenatal care and live in ghetto neighborhoods. They interviewed this rich white woman helping a young poor black woman get through her pregnancy.

They interviewed doctors, like a black woman from the ghetto is now practicing medicine there and taking care of the babies and mothers.

No comments: