Tuesday, July 15, 2008

shopping/ movie/ tradition

Jul. 12 Shopping: Today I had a day off. I went to West Edmonton Mall to check out that new Apple store. That store sign has the Apple logo out front. It's a good and big store with all their technology that you can touch the computers and ipods. I looked through my old brochures from 2005/2006 and 2008 earlier this yr and compared it to the new one. The following stores are closed down: Athlete's World Superstore. One of the two locations closed down earlier last yr and this one closed down this yr. One of the Fairweather stores is closing down because the lease expired. Dell Computers, Roasty Jack, Cap Connection, Info Lotto.

The following stores will be opening: Tea Art, Aeropostle (American store), American Apparel (one on Whyte Ave), Bowring (one in Kingsway). Another Lids store opened. It's also interesting to see that in 2005/2006 Thomas Cook Travel and Foreign Exchange. In 2008, it turned to Thomas Cook Foreign Exchange. Now it's Thomas Cook Travel Currency Foreign Exchange.

Facebook: What was cool was that I went to Urban Outfitters and I saw this blonde girl pick up a Postsecret book and then I turned to walk away. Then she says my name, and I realized it's Michelle from my writing program. She says she's going to go to University of Victoria to take philosophy classes since she graduated out of the program. She told me she is working at St. Albert, taking kids with mental and physical disabilities to museums. She gets paid $12.60/hr to do that.

I asked her for her last name and if she's on Facebook. I then went and looked her up and she confirmed me as her friend. Throw in I also looked up my manager Dani from Ardene/Xcetera and she confirmed me as her friend.

Jul. 13: Today 3 more of my MacEwan friends confirmed me as their friend on Facebook. Also my cousin Jen confirmed me too.

Quote: I was on postsecret.com and someone wrote that they leave all these quotes around like: "We all die, the goal is not to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Music: I borrowed the Mariah Carey cd "E=MC squared" from the library. It's good, I have her last album. If you like R&B and dance, you will like this. As usual, she's got her good ballads. I like her dance songs like "Migrate" feat. T-Pain, "Side Effects" feat. Young Jeezy.

Movie: Today I returned my cd and borrowed Spiderman 3. It was a great movie. It was entertaining and I was impressed with the fight scenes and storyline. It was funny too. The bloopers were funny too. It was unpredictable. I liked how they brought something from the first movie and brought it to the 3rd one. There is consistency in it. It was also creative with how the bad guys were created. I recommend you all watch it if you haven't.

It brought back some memories. I saw the first one when it came out 6 months after it hit the theatres. It wasn't even in the $1 theatres, it was still in City Centre. I saw it with Leslie in Sept. on the weekend. It was a double feature with Men in Black 2. I saw the 2nd Spiderman movie, I borrowed it from the library too. I think it was a yr after the movie came out.

I forgot how much I liked James Franco. He played James Dean in a tv movie about him, and you know how I'm a big fan of JD. I have like 20 pictures of him up in my room. I also like JF in Tristan and Isolde. Another movie I borrowed from the library.

Today I was watching Instant Star, and finally Kyle Riabko showed up on the screen. He was in like 2 scenes in the ep. When he first came on, I squealed.

Tradition: I was thinking about that Ryan Cabrera song "True" with the lyrics "I'm weak, it's true." Big Brother 10 debuted today and as usual I have to watch the first ep. I'm weak, it's true. Well I started watching BB since season 2 because Patrick watched it. Then I saw seasons 3, 4, and 5. Though I was distancing myself by missing the first 20min of the show and watching the last part of it. Then in season 6 I didn't watch at all. Then I tuned in once a week instead of 3 times a week for BB7 because it was the all- stars season. All the people from the previous seasons came on and I had to watch at least some of it.

Then in BB8 I had to watch it to see the father- daughter reunion of Dick and Danielle. In the end Dick won the $500,000, and Danielle was runner-up and got $50 000. Then I didn't watch BB9. I only saw the first ep and I didn't like how they were pairing up the people. I also didn't watch it because it was during the school yr and I needed to focus on my studies. I won by default. I think I may watch this season.

Though you guys gotta give me points that I did quit a lot of bad daytime talk shows and reality shows. Except this one, BB keeps coming every summer and I have time to watch bad tv during this time.

Jul. 15: The store Unique Wear in City Centre is closing down on Jul. 26. If you are interested, go and shop there.

News: I was talking to John last night and he read in his Medicine Hat paper that there is this guy who robbed a bank by writing and give a threatening note to the teller. He got $50 000. Then he told his friends about it. A friend called the cops, and they bust him. Due to the cops not having a warrant because they were so eager to catch him, they were unable to arrest him. You have to have a warrant to go into a suspect's home and find evidence.

The money was given back to the bank, but the robber was not arrested. Yeah well, at least he doesn't have any money anymore. I'm sure his name is printed in the newspaper too, so everybody will know he did it. If the cops don't have a warrant to go into a house, anything the cops find, the evidence is inadmissable even if it's a dead body. The only way it's okay for the cops to bust in without a warrant is if they see someone who's in danger. I know this from reading a Fearless: FBI book discussing it.

It also reminds me of the movie Bon Cop, Bad Cop. There is a scene in the movie about it:

Good cop: We have to wait for the warrant to come through before we go in.
Bad cop breaks the glass and turns the knob, and enters.
GC: Great, now we can't use the evidence.
BC: Yeah, whatever. I'll just say I thought I saw somebody who's in danger.
lol. It's a good movie, go watch it.

Funny: That also reminds me of stupid criminals back in 2005. I was watching Real Player news and there was this story about these 3 carpenters. They were digging in the yard to pull out a tree, and then they find all these old coins. The coins were worth a lot of money and they called the local news stations, showed them the money and they got themselves on tv.

A week or so later, I go on Real Player news again, the 3 carpenters were arrested. It became suspicious because of the inconsistencies in the story of digging to pull out a tree and/ or to plant a tree. This guy watched them on tv and realized that those coins that the carpenters found, those coins were really his. The guy hired those 3 carpenters to work on his house and those coins went missing. He then called the cops on them. Stupid people. The thing is, the carpenters wanted to be rich and wanted to be famous too. If they haven't called the news stations, they would just been rich and got away with the crime.

Money: I had my day off and picked up my paycheck today. Steven said it wasn't going to be a lot because of my days off. It was totally worth it because I went to Calgary and got my learner's permit. Yesterday, I got my learner's ID in the mail. I also had Sat. off. Ray and I will work alternate Sat. because after she's gone by mid- August, I will be working every Sat. I also got my share of the tips in cash. Yesterday, we were sorting out coins with the machine and I helped. They said that they give tips twice a yr and give based on how much work someone worked.

In other news, Deanna from college has confirmed me as her friend on Facebook.

No comments: