Friday, July 25, 2008

read/fun

Jul 23 Read: Yesterday I read 135 pgs of Pledged. I realized I haven't read many books since school ended in Apr. In my defense I was studying the driver's manual for 2 months so that is reading. As usual I do read the Journal's A section everyday with some Culture and Life section. I did read the Dilbert comic book that John gave me. I also checked out a Nancy Drew graphic novel which is another easy read. I've also been reading posts on twop.com.

I was on twop.com and we discussed about "TV moments that angry up the blood." It's an interesting discussion about shows that play pranks on people.

Me: This was a long time ago on The Jamie Kennedy Experiment. The 2 guys that were getting Xed, they were judges on this talent show. Jamie was riding on a unicycle and he rode it really badly. The host then asks what they think of Jamie, and that the contestants can't hear them. The 2 guys totally dissed Jamie saying he wasn't talented at all. Then when Jamie comes out, the 2 guys phrased it nicely by saying: "This is not your strong suit, pursue something else." Then the big tv screen behind them, aired the mean comments that they said earlier. The 2 guys act totally embarrassed. My problem was that they should have known what they were going to say, Jamie was going to hear them because if the actual talent show aired, Jamie was probably going to watch it and hear those comments. I guess the guys thought that even if Jamie does hear them, then the judges would be nowhere near Jamie if he's at home watching it. This just really annoyed me.

One person said this: "I only watched one episode of Punk'd, but it was just so depressing I never bothered to watch another. It had on a young, semi-popular actress whose name escapes me, and the 'joke' was that she had gotten a lead in a film with Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise."

Me: I was watching Punk'd the other day, and it's Jennifer Love Hewitt that they were punking. That wasn't really the joke, the joke was how would JLH react if the director told her that bookies are looking for him and he needs thousands of dollars to pay them back. I'll give points that JLH did call Jackie Chan's bodyguard for help and get him over here to diffuse the situation. I remember reading somewhere that's who she called on her cell.Then after it was revealed it was a joke, she then said: "I wondered if I could take on that guy (the bookie)." I'll give her points that she had considered fighting off a bad guy to protect the director. Then she said: "So I'm not going to be in a cool movie?"This prank did anger me because they got her hopes so psyched up, then to dash it off. That's pretty mean.

Jul. 24: I was on the same thread, and you know that tv show I told you about, The Secret Life of an American Teenager? It's about a 15yr old girl who gets pregnant and I said it looks like a bad show, but I'm probably going to watch it. Well I read this comment about it from someone on twop.com:

"The beginning of the episode saw Grace, the Christian cheerleader, waiting for Ricky to pick her up after sneaking off with her boyfriend who her parents don't want her to see. Fine, she deserves some discipline for lying to her parents. Then two scuzzy men drive up, make lewd comments, then get out of the car and chase her down presumably to rape her. Grace gets on her knees with her hands together in prayer, then takes a beer bottle and smashes it, using the broken end to defend herself. Then Ricky pulls up in his car and chases the men away. The whole thing is caught on a bank surveillance camera.The episode went downhill from there. The footage is played on the news for laughs, and people act like this is the funniest thing they have ever seen. Grace feels bad for threatening the men with violence and quits the cheerleading team as punishment for putting herself in that situation. Meanwhile, the police don't seem to be working on arresting the men even though the incident is caught on tape.Brenda Hampton, I know we disagree on many many MANY things. I am a slovenly liberal and you are a fastidious conservative. But some things transcend politics.Rape is not funny. RAPE IS NOT FUNNY.A girl is NOT bad for defending herself against an attack.A rape or attempted rape victim is NEVER to blame.The footage is not a hilarious blooper reel. It is evidence for what should be a police investigation."

Man, that is awful. I do write action scenes at the beginning of my script, and usually it's a girl kicking some guys's ass. It's often in self-defense or it's the guy who is stirring up trouble. The girl doesn't apologize.

It's been hrs since I wrote the above, and I am still annoyed by it. I went on the forums again and someone actually gave the address where you can write to the creator Brenda Hampton about how her show is not good. It does bring some inspiration for my writing.

Job: Today Sunglasses Hut called. It's in City Centre and I have an interview this Sat. We'll see how much they pay and how the store is run. I remember last summer I did an interview at Silversmith, and the interview had the woman talk for 25min about the store and during it I realized I wouldn't be taking the job.

Fun: Today I worked from 12pm-8pm. This 40yr old couple enter and bought some soup and the woman Debra was wearing the movie Serenity t-shirt. I told her I liked the movie. They said they know the actor Nathan Fillion who is from Edmonton. They know his mother Cokie. The man Steven said he worked as a body guard for the actress Summer Glau. She is a dancer and she sometimes dances at the Jubilee Auditorium.

So I sat with them and talked about Fillion's other work like the short-lived show Drive, and his new internet show Dr. Horrible. You can watch it on www.drhorrible.com/ I saw the first part. It's funny, with Neil Patrick Harris. There is singing involved like a musical. Then later the same thing happened, but with the managers's son Justin talking to this couple who is visiting Edmonton to see baseball.

Jul.25 Money: I got my credit card bill yesterday and I didn't spend any money on it. That's good because I'm trying to save. However, I have been using cash and debit instead. I didn't have my AB ID at the time, so when I do use the credit card, people will have to look at my ID. I should save time, and use my debit then.

6 comments:

Raymond L. Glennon said...

Nice writing article.

Raymond L. Glennon said...

This is very good blog about writing TV shows, jokes. Here in this post you have shared great experience about fun reading and writing. You should visit the site to get English waiver letter writing service. Writers should inspired to write jokes or fun after read this article.

Jeffrey A. Barhorst said...

Wonderful post. Students always love to learn with fun. This is actually very good article about read or fun. Here you may go to this website to get our article or essay summarizing tools. Thanks for sharing helpful information which should useful for students and teachers both. Thanks

bridgetaloos said...

Student enjoying it when they have provided the opportunities to learn with fun. We have topics for project management for the students who lives in Australia. The link is here http://www.statementofpurposemba.net/high-quality-sop-for-project-management-in-australia/ for them

Unknown said...

Some students find reading as fun. This is the reason they love to read different stuff and later they post on their logs so i really think this is a healthy activity and they must encourgae for this. I also suggest them to have https://www.professionalessaywriters.com/how-to-create-interesting-essay-topics for writitng practices.

aliyaa said...

Reading is a fun for me. Whenever i lost my self in tensions and depression. I love to read here different kind of books so i should understand with more interest.