Tuesday, July 22, 2008

music/ funny/ quotes

Jul. 19 Music: Today I went on youtube and looked up one of my favorite singers Lee Ryan. I am inspired by him. I met him once back in May 2002 when he was in the boy band Blue and they came to perform and do an autograph session. I also got a hug from him.

This 30min documentary about him was really fun and interesting. There is this part where he and his mom discuss that it was hard for him in school because he's dyslexic.

Lee: A lot of kids called me "Thicky thick thick" (stupid) and then I go and beat them up which caused trouble.
Sheila (Lee's mom): I told Lee that he needs to get in control and keep it together and that by the time that he was 18 he will be singing with Elton John. Then when he was 18, he did.

The song/ video was "Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word" which was EJ's song. EJ and Blue performed it together:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbAX9A8Cq0k

They also showed his sister Gemma and his dad John. I also liked how Lee had this high level of self- awareness.
Lee: When I was in the group (Blue), I was always known as the guy with the high voice. On my album I'm not doing all these vocal acrobatics.

Lee: When I was in Blue, I was always asked the stupid questions. It's like they want me to say something stupid. It was usually the teen magazines.

That reminds me of something I read yrs ago in a British teen magazine.
Magazine: Have you ever said sorry to a girl?
Lee: No, because sorry seems to be the hardest word!
Magazine: That was cheesy.
lol.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVhOx7Taz0k
Part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adbrwJ9prVU&feature=relatedPart 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUYwXtxLwKs&feature=related

I also borrowed the new Jennifer Lopez cd called "Brave." I never thought she had a really good voice, it's average. I knew she only went into music because she was really good at dance. The cd is good. Lots of fun dance tracks to dance to. If you like pop/dance, check this cd out.

Jul. 20 Feelings: I need to get on my paxil to deal with my anger. Besides that Cheaters relapse last week, I have continued to stay away from all the bad tv shows I quit. So tv isn't the cause of my anger. I'm feeling anxious about school that starts in Jan. My job isn't really stressful. It gets busy during the lunch rush, but I can handle it. I don't feel very good.

Let's see what other things could be causing it. Well yesterday John told me he saw the first 3 eps of the show Prison Break and he doesn't like it because it's not realistic. I love that show. He says that the lead character Micheal (Wentworth Miller) is an engineer, yet when he is in prison, no one messes with him. He also robbed a bank so he could get in jail to break his older brother out.

Inmates will mess with people who are child molesters and if the criminal is young like late teens, early 20s. Micheal does get messed with by the character T-Bag. M is also in his 30s. Then John complains that there is all this conflict, yet everything works out. M is working hard to break out of prison and lots of things go wrong with it. M needs this room to break out, but it turns out it's the prison guards breakroom, so that's not possible. Then M manages to get a inmate who has been in prison for 25yrs, and has a spotless record. That inmate than can go into the breakroom, and then sets the room on fire and M and the other inmates will have to fix the room. It's the way to tunnel out.

You know what the irony is? When John was in Edmonton, I only get to see him once or twice a month. I sometimes get phone calls from him and the occassional email. Now that he's in Medicine Hat, I get to have way more contact with him, especially with phones. Another thing that causes my frustration.

Review: I would also like to recommend the show In Plain Sight about a woman who is a US Marshal who helps people in the FBI witness protection program. It's got drama, action, and comedy.

I saw Instant Star today, and Kyle Riabko got more screen time this ep, so I'm happy.

Job: Today I worked from 12pm-5pm, and it was really boring. Very little work. It was an easy $45 made.

Jul. 21: Good news I called the dr. to set up an appointment to get my paxil.

Rant: I totally learned from my mistake. It's to delay gratification. Last yr I was anxious to work so in the last month of school, I got a job at Forever 21 when I should be focusing on studying. I'm always like this, wanting to change the past. The lesson is to study and work hard. Focus on needs instead of wants. You need to get a college diploma instead of wanting a job.

Another thing I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. I should have quit rhetoric. That class was not required. I had made the decision that next yr I would take computer research which I am actually good at. I knew I wasn't going to pass rhetoric, but I didn't want to waste money, so I decided to waste time in a class I wasn't good at. I could have quit, and wasted money, but saved time. It's always one or the other. Well at least it didn't hurt my GPA too badly.

Quotes: I read this in Ellie's advice column. On her tip of the day: "You can't run away from past mistakes, but must confront why they happened and how to prevent them in the future."

"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in determination." -Tommy Lasorda

"Greatness consists of trying to be great. There is no other way." -Albert Camus

"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." Ray Kroc

Funny: Maybe I'm happy that I'm going to get my paxil. I see things are looking up. Last night I talked with John. We do have the same sense of humor. I told him about The Simpsons ep where the kids are stranded on an island and made fun of Lord of the Flies. One of the twins Sherri or Terri say: "I'm so hungry, I could eat at Arby's." All the kids say: "Whoa, you must be really hungry."

John: Yeah well remember that time, they dissed Mountain Dew. Homer picks crab juice over Mountain Dew.

Then John says something about how he hopes that I don't think he's a monster.

Me: You're not a monster. Oh yeah, that reminds me of Malcolm in the Middle. The mom Lois steals Christmas by telling the boys that if they don't behave, they won't celebrate Christmas or get gifts. Then Lois is crying about it because she feels guilty. The dad Hal tries to comfort her.

L: I'm a monster.
H: No, you are not a monster.
L: Yes I am.
H: No, you aren't.
L: I'm a monster.
H: No, you aren't.
L (lashes out at H): Why can't you admit that I'm a monster?!
H: Okay, okay, you're a monster.

J: I only find the mom, dad, and older brother funny. Sometimes it's funny, and sometimes it isnt.

Jul 22 Resume: Today was good. I passed out 4 of my revised resume that Angela edited. It's like she gave my resume a much needed makeover. I passed it out to Accusearch, I think to the same woman who I given my learner's permit test to. A managed to make my resume not look so repetitive because I repeated the exact same duties under the same places/ jobs I worked at like Ipsos and Leger. It looks like I have 5 jobs, instead of working at 8 places. I sure look less like a job hopper. lol.

I'm also reading a great book called Pledged: The Secret life of Sororities by Alexandra Robbins. I wanted to read it since summer 2007, but didn't get the chance too. Well no more procrastinating, I went to the library and asked about it, and then the library called my house saying the book was available. I've been reading it since early afternoon, and I have read 71 pages. It's where AR went undercover and joined a sorority to study how they interact.

I first heard about this book by reading through these defunct teen magazines YM and Ellegirl. It is very intriuging. 80% of eating disorders that occur in colleges, those women belong to sororities. Being accepted into one is mainly based on looks and money. It's very expensive to live in a sorority.

No comments: