Tuesday, July 8, 2008

job/music/fun

Jul 5 Job: I know what Angela said about resumes: "Don't apply to places you're not interested in working." My counter argument is: "Beggars can not be choosers." However, I won't be applying to Get Fresh or Second Cup, which is where I applied last summer. I am currently working in the food industry so why would I go and work at another restaraunt and do the same thing and probably similar pay?

Today I applied to Oriental Home, this store in City Centre. Second Cup had actually finished renovating and it looked good. Another thing is, I go to this mall all time time since 2001 and I have never noticed the words Tilly's Endurables on the window of the mens store Val Berg's Menswear. It wasn't until the other day I passed by it and then looked at my mall directory that I see that both Tilly's and Val Berg's had the same phone number. I didn't notice it because I never go into that store anyway.

Jul. 6 Writing: I have now finished taking that learner's permit test and now I can focus on my writing. Yesterday I did some writing and today I typed it up. I know after I have done the important thing with completing my learners, I have to do productive stuff. My inspiration at the moment is Chuck Bass on Gossip Girl. I was reading about his character on twop.com and what others are saying about him. He's got 14 pages with people discussing him and no one even talked about the other characters as much as him.

Here's a pic of him played by Ed Westwick, this British actor:
http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/18/27/0000041827_20070801145029.jpg

Music: Speaking of British boys, I was listening to all 3 of my British boyband Five cds. I want to show you all their videos. I haven't seen "It's the things you do" video in yrs and now that I see it, I hear that the song is quite different from the album. There is a rap on the cd, but in the video there isn't. Also the 2nd verse of the song is totally different.

"It's the things you do" is a fun video with the guy's race care 5 racing against the car 666.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70pDAdyan-E&feature=related

"When the Lights go out" is a video set at a bowling alley. I still like it after all these yrs. This is the song that inspired me to submit the pick up line to ecrush.com called "Don't you love it when the lights go out?" The rating did get a 3/10. lol. Abs raps in the 3rd verse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLmJtrVvb_U&feature=related

This is the 2nd version of "When the Lights go out" but with more of techno feel. J raps in the 3rd verse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM57lJL5lVI&feature=related

Here is "Slam dunk da funk" video. It's their first video, it's rather low budget, but it's a good song to dance to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-krEuM95iY&feature=related

"If ya gettin down" is one of their best videos. Good choreography and dancing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxV1Lh6b3m0&feature=related

They remake Queen's "We Will Rock You." My favorite member Rich sings the lead. They can rock out. This reminds that Rich did do some rock songs when he tried to get a solo career started.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27pYj0K4xrM&feature=related

Here is "Everybody Get Up" which is like a rock song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMfhlSiOaWo&feature=related

"Don't wanna let you go" is a song that I read that Five didn't want on their album, but the record company made them put it on their album. They didn't want to release, but the company made them do it too. The vid is kind of like Michael Jackson's "Thriller" and Backstreet Boys "Everybody Backstreet's Back."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO1GD5Kd0WU&feature=related

"Keep on Movin'" is a light, up beat song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbcWEd4opkI&feature=related

"Got the Feelin'" is another light happy song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P854d81XEYI&feature=related

Then I thought about my fave member Jon Lee from S Club 7. Here is his official website. You can watch him sing 2 ballads live. He is very good. It's also interesting to see him now. He was in his late teen, early 20s in the pop group. Now I see that he has aged up. I was watching the montage of him and he looks very cute and pretty. Now he's good looking and older.
http://www.jonleeofficial.com/video.html

Jul 7 Fun: Today I went to work and my friend Jessica was coming down the escalator with her friend James and I called to her. She came by at 3pm so I went on my break with her to the food court. They were going to see the movie Wanted and they lated said they didn't like it after watching it. However, my co-worker Maygen said she liked it. To each their own.

Me: So did you read my email about how staffing agencies are bad?
Jessica: Yeah. A friend of a friend of mine went undercover and worked there. I don't know what staffing agency it was, but they were totally trying to scam and take people's money.
James: Yeah, my dad is in senior management and he is looking over staffing agencies. They are so aggressive because they are trying to get money out of you.

Then Je talked about how she went to a back alley driving school that isn't totally good and really shady.

I also told them that City Centre's Oriental Home is hiring. The manager called me yesterday and asked if I speak Cantounese and Mandarin. I can hear Cantounese, than speak it. Very little Mandarin. I told them I had a job, and they are looking for temporary employment. I asked how much they paid, but then he said that since I had a job already, he won't be hiring me. I guess they were looking for someone with more flexible hrs. If you are Asian, or know someone who is, go apply there.

I used to take Mandarin from gr.7-10 and quit after gr. 10. I was talking to John and I just got an email from Heather about how I dwell too much on the past. Though I want to say that I wanted to quit Mandarin, but my mom wouldn't let me. Each semester I got a 5% decrease in my mark. It was a C. Then when my sister says I should quit because though getting a second language is good, I won't be smart enough to get into university, so it wouldn't be necessary.

Even before S said that, I knew I wasn't smart enough to get into university. I was focusing on Nait and MacEwan. So it's interesting how S's advice trumps over my mom's. Well my mom doesn't really know how high school and post-secondary works as well S does. I did get my way by not having to take Mandarin anymore. Yay. I still got into college and that's the important thing.

No comments: