Tuesday, July 29, 2008

funny/ review/ sayings

Jul. 26 Funny: Yesterday I turned on the tv at night, and I decided to check out TMZ.com. Then a few min. into it, I saw Matthew Lawrence. I was like: "Oh my god!" This C-list actor made it onto an entertainment news show. The coincidence of me thinking about him and him appearing on tv was interesting. He was on for 10 seconds and they asked him about something lead to a breakup. They cut away really fast. It was at night, he was between 2 guys. He looked good.

Writing: Today I typed up some more for stuff for my script about Corrine working for an unethical company. I also typed up the comedy about Garret and Julie.

Job: Today I went to the job interview at Sunglasses Hut. The manager Kerri said she thought I was to be here at 2pm, but I came at 12pm. We did the interview and I was told I was the only one up for this job. I forgot to ask how much it paid. She then told me to go to this website, register and do the online quiz. I know I answered "True" to same bad statements like: "I get angry easily." I did answer true to: "I would never talk back to the boss or teacher."

I don't know, I don't really want this job. She said I had to work alone, it's a part-time position for me to work at night and on weekends. I guess I could still keep the Soup job during the day. Though I will have to ask my parents if I do get hired. It's because I don't want them to get angry with me. They might say that the only good reason to quit is if I got a job at a bank.

It's been hrs since I wrote the above paragraph. I don't think I will get the job. She asked questions like "Where do you find out about the latest trends?" It is a high class store, something my sister would fit in.

Review: Let's start off with a food review. Back in 2006 the Chinese restaurant Sweet Garden opened and I ordered food there. The food tasted good. They served western food like fries too. The servings were somewhat small. When I ordered food to go, the styrofoam boxes they were in were rather small. Then a yr later, they had new management and it changed to Pho Bin. I went there today, and the food is good. No western food on the menu. The serving was actually bigger, as in it was in a regular styrofoam box.

The nitpick is that with Sweet Garden, the price was cheaper. Pho Bin is a few dollars more, but that's what you get to get more quantity of the food. They also serve bubble tea now, but it's like $4.28, too expensive for me. If you want good and cheap Chinese food, go to the food court at mall to get some.

I finished reading the book Pledged: The Secret Life of Sororities by Alexandra Robbins. You can go to her website www.alexandrarobbins.com. She talked about problems with a sorority and how to solve them. It's not anti-Greek or pro-Greek, she was reporting on the truth. It's a good book, I recommend you read it. She also has other books, you can check out on her site. Stuff like being overachievers, investigating secret societies, and battling the quarter-life crisis.

Jul. 27: I decided to do something else about my anger. I emailed the head of the program to see if she can delete Introductory Rhetoric off my transcript, and keep my Computer Research on it so I would get a higher overall average. There are 3 electives: Rhetoric, Research, and Technical Writing. I am supposed to take 1. I took Rhetoric and didn't do well in it. Then I took Research and it was a good mark.

Sayings: You know that saying: "Everything happens for a reason." Maybe I'm supposed to not pass Proofreading and Copyediting, so that then I would push myself so hard to pass Professional Prose the first time around. Prose is a full yr course, and I didn't want to spend an entire yr at the school again.

There is also the saying: "Do it well once, or do it twice." I was like: "Whatever, if I have to take Proofreading again." But now, in the program they say you are only allowed to take it twice. That's because every yr, new people are entering into the program, and they need to take it once. The program did say maybe a third time, if you can convince them, but I'm going to pass it the 2nd time.

Crazy: I went on Facebook, and was looking through the "People you may know" to add more MacEwan friends. Then I saw Will Brockie. I was like: "Oh my god!" I remember talking and emailing him back in 2006 when I was working at the Office Supply store. Then we stopped contacting each other after a few weeks. Whatever, we didn't click. Then I looked at his Facebook page and he is engaged. Good for him.

Jul. 28 Job search: Let's start off with something bad; I got an email from the program chair and she says I can't delete rhetoric off my transcript. Now onto something good, I took my paxil today. Other good stuff is that my co-worker Christine looked at my resume and gave me a few tips. One of them is that if you want to work as an administrative assistant, then highlight those skills.

I'm going to bide my time, because on Aug. 1, I will call Servus Credit Union and do that group job interview. I've only been to one group interview at American Eagle Outfitters.

Joke: In lighter stuff, Kyle Riabko got more screen time on Instant Star. There is a part where he is drinking a can of Coke. Brought back some memories of 2006, when I met him and asked for his Coke can; which I still have.

After I wrote that, the big company finally called and set up an interview for tomorrow. I passed out my resume to the one in Capilano and downtown. I also emailed my resume to Human Resources. We'll see how this goes.

Charity: The other day the Make a Wish Foundation called for my parents, and not for me, so that's good. I think the fire department called me a few weeks ago asking for money.

Jul. 29: Another good thing is that I realized no one really sends me anything in the mail anymore. I remember in Dec. 2007, I had all these self-addressed stamped envelopes to charities. I then wrote a note saying: "Please don't send me anything anymore in the mail and don't give my address out to other charities." I used those address labels they gave me, and I stuck it on the envelopes. If you do what I do, you won't get charities in the mail.

I realized that because John was talking about his friend who has cancer, and I realized the Alberta Cancer Research Foundation hasn't mailed me anything recently. I know for sure I donated over $20 to them.

Interview: Today I went to the big company job interview. I tried to psych myself out. I told them I want to work full-time until the end of the yr, and then do part- time like 15hrs a week so I can take my class and get that college diploma. However, afterwards I talked to my dad. He says that if I got a job getting paid $15/hr, then I don't have to go get that college diploma. If I got a diploma, then there is no garauntee that I can use it.

My defense is that I want that college diploma to prove to myself that I can get a college diploma. I'm going to pass that class. I also mentioned to my dad that I should get that college diploma right now. I think it's because I'm afraid I can only get a diploma in a certain time period. Kind of like with law school, you have to complete it in a certain amount of time. But I will now go and email my program head about it and ask: "Can I still get my diploma 10 yrs from now?"

If I don't get this job, this interview did help prep me up for the Servus Credit Union one.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post, The book "put where there is the early afternoon sun" is my most cherished story always. I never read such a marvelous http://www.writingabio.com/business-bio-writing-service/ site which give strain startlingly and I was so stunned when I read this story. Your beginning and end stories give some incredible information.

Christopher Blevins said...

Superior place, Any reserve "put the place there does exist the first morning sun" is certainly my best the majority adored scenario at all times. That i for no reason look over an extremely marvelous https://www.paraphrasetool.info/dissertation-paraphrasing/ webpage which unfortunately grant difficulties startlingly together with That i was initially which means that stunned lake look over the scenario. An individual's starting up together with last part reviews grant certain astounding material.

Christopher Blevins said...

People communicate of which college or university level to help encourage myself personally i always might get some sort of college or university level. explore more I will cross of which category. When i likewise stated to help my dad i always really should receive of which college or university level at the moment.

Christopher Blevins said...

Many people explain which college grade that will support ourselves i think i usually could easily get an important college grade. research a lot more https://www.paraphrasingservices.net/ Most definitely i'll frustrated which range. To look at in addition suggested that will my pops i usually will need to have which college grade at this moment.

Willard M. Parkman said...

Good writing.

Willard M. Parkman said...

To get a good job you have to achieve different types of skill. Here author provided excellent information about writing, fun, review and interview to achieve a good job. Also you should get help by visit our music and other ghost writing services at my response. This information should helpful for students to make there better skill. Thanks

Frederick K. Wachter said...

You have shared such a great job interview experience. After read your writing i should wish that you should get the job. Also this informative writing experience should helpful for students and writers. Also you can take novel book rewriting help from https://www.rewritingservices.net/how-to-rewrite-novel-dos-and-donts