Friday, July 4, 2008

changes/ drive/ job

Jul 3 Changes: I was talking to Angela and I asked her about what she thought about my email about staffing agencies.
A: About that guy who you thought was good and is evil now?

Well I wouldn't say the exact word "evil" about Hyacinthe. How do I phrase this nicely? I don't really find his occupation that ethical if I am making $13/hr, and he is getting money for every hr that I work. If I got the same job on my own, he wouldn't be getting money off me. Then A said that they are somewhat "overcompensated", but they have to make money somehow as a staffing agency.

You know what a big coincidence was? A and I were talking about that yesterday, and today, H finally confirmed me as a friend on Facebook. So I checked out his page and it turns out he's 25, just what I thought. Turns out he's a Gemini because his unprofessional email address and bday shows that he is one. He's in a relationship, and he has been working at Manpower since Nov. 2007.

I threw out all the Manpower stuff, and deleted the emails. Maybe I should email him saying I won't be working with them anymore so then he won't have to waste his time looking for the City of Edmonton job. However, he is saying that he is waiting for them to contact him first so he isn't really working for me until they contact him.

Another thing I was thinking about is that I don't always do what my parents tell me to do. Look at my brother P, he's 20 and he does what my parents tell him to do. P actually wanted to major in history, but that's stupid. P is good at it, but how do you expect to make a living out of it? They tell him to go into business which is what he's good at and can make a living out of it.

Drive: Great news, I passed my learner's permit test. I was on the last question and I needed to get it right. I got it right and I shouted "Yes!" and I clapped my hands together. I think I may have even thrown up my arms in the air. I then stood up from my cubicle to see if anyone was looking. The woman who sat at a desk behind me asked if I passed it. I said yes, lol. Third's the charmed.

I was anxious to do the test today. I did call Servus Credit Union at like 8am, but I got an answering machine. I was going to do the group interview today, then do the Capital Health cleaning person job interview the next day, before going to work. Then I decided if I was to leave a message, what would I say? I wanted to see if they would both hire me and then I can make my decision.

Also I wanted to do the learner's test today to get it out of the way. Like what if I did get the cleaning job, what are the hrs like? If it's like 9am-5pm, then I won't really have time to do the test at the registry. I'm guessing the same with the bank so do it now.

Sherry: Thank you for saying "You go girl" to me for getting 22 questions right, but now this time that I passed it I really deserved your words.

Angela: You were right about yesterday saying that to get the learner's permit card it's going to cost $80. I went and showed them my AB ID that costs $40, I got last summer. The woman then says she will shred the ID card, and then she will transfer the cost of that card onto my learner's card which I ended up paying $42.45 for. Also you said that after you get your learner's, you then have to wait 2 yrs before getting the driver's license. Well I asked the registry and she said 1 yr.

Jessica: Question for you since you have your license is that, how many questions are there on the driver's license test and how many do you need to get right to pass?

I then stopped by at work and picked up my paycheck and deposited it. Bling bling. No one really says that anymore. Overall it's been a funderful day. Funderful was used by Bender on the TV show Futurama. Another word no one says either. lol.

Jul 4 Job: Today I woke up early at 8am and got ready for my job interview at Capital Health. I don't think I got the job. Well let's start off with that I was there on time. She asked the questions like if I had any professional cleaning instructed to me, and I said no. I did tell her I am a neat person which is true and that I mop, sweep, and clean at the restaurants and stores I worked at.

The pay is good for $12.66 and after a yr it's $13.81. It's on Sat. from 11am-7pm which is good for me too. I can work at the Soup place during the weekdays and work at the hospital on the weekend. There are 10 other people up for it. I did ask if I can try out the job for a few weeks before I commit to this permanent job. She said that I could quit if I wanted to.

They want me to clean the dialysis, this thing that cleans the kidneys. I asked Maygen at work and she explained to me how it worked and it was complicated. The woman at the interview Kim did forewarn me that there is blood, and body fluids. That sounded unappealing, but I wanted to try out the job before saying no. There is also a criminal record check and a health check if I am hired. In a few weeks she will call the person who is hired, and for the people who aren't hired, she will send a letter. I'll be checking my mail box.

You may say: "C'mon Tracy, get some positive thinking." Well next month there is still a Servus Credit Union interview.

Funny: I also want to throw in, I really made Hyancinthe's and mine's professional relationship really unprofessional. I emailed him on facebook and sent him the link of Matthew Lawrence. I also saw his brother Jessy and I thought he looked like the actor JR Bourne so I sent that link to him too.

Another thing about that convo I had with Angela and we were talking about teen pregnancy.

Me: I was watching the Tyra Banks show and this 15 yr old girl said she wanted to have a baby for the unconditional love. A audience member asks what her relationship with her dad is and the girl says: "I recently learned that my dad is not my real biological dad" and starts crying. The audience goes "Ohhhhhh" and the member apologized.
A: Yeah well she's still got a dad.
Me: Oh yeah, that reminds me of Maury.
A: I thought you quit watching that show.
Me: I did, but I still remember it. After a guy find out that his 2 kids may not be biologically his, he did say "They're still my kids."

That would suck if I found out my dad is not my biological dad, but he's still my dad for raising me. Then it did make me think if I was adopted, my family is still my family. That would also make sense if I was adopted and would explain why I am the only one in my family who isn't in university studying business. lol. Even my 3 cousins in Calgary are/ were in business in university. Except the 4th cousin D who studied science and works at a bank? I don't know where she works.

No comments: