Tuesday, June 17, 2008

music/ Street Kings/ job

Jun 14 Music: I am 99% sure that I found No Authority's Eric Stretch's myspace page. I realized that he looks like Jason Dohring (Logan on Veronica Mars). I emailed him yesterday to confirm if it really is him and asked if he still hung out with the other NA guys.

http://www.myspace.com/ericstretch

I also found Josh Keaton's myspace page. He was one of the original 4 members, but then he quit to pursue a solo music career. On his myspace pg it explains that he solo cd wasn't released, however he is more successful in acting. You may have seen him on the TV show The Secret World of Alex Mack. He played Annie's boyfriend. Annie was Alex's older sister. On his page are many video clips of his acting and voice overs.

http://www.myspace.com/joshkeatonmusic

I found Tommy McCarthy's myspace page. He put the NA video "Can I get your number?" and his music.

http://www.myspace.com/heyitsmetommy

Who's next? Well I'm trying to find Danny Zavatsky. I am also looking for Ric Felix. You may have seen RF in the movie Austin Powers, the first movie. He is in the opening dance number. He's the guy in the bright orange suit dancing. RF says that in an interview, then I saw that movie, and I was like "Oh there he is."

I found Five's Scott Robinson's myspace page. www.myspace.com/scottrobinson

Jun 15 Funny: Yesterday this old Asian man comes into the restaurant and buys a banana with, wait for it.... a $2 bill. Ray is 15yrs old and takes it.

Ray: I have never seen a $2 bill before.
Me: They disappeared back in 1994.
R: I was 1 (yrs old) back then.
lol.

Street Kings: Today I finally used my other free movie pass that I got from this school library focus group. I went to see Street Kings starring Keanu Reeves, Forest Whitaker, and Chris Evans. I saw it at West Mall 8 in West Edmonton Mall. It's tickets are $3.50 everyday. The movie was good. Lots of action and excitment about corruption in the police force. KR plays a cop named Tom who does bad things like murder criminals, and makes it look he was provoked into shooting them.

Job: It's good to go over my blog, as in read my old posts. Here's what I wrote a few weeks ago about working at Xcetera: "It's good for now, let's see how I like it 3 weeks from now and 3 months from now." Cut to 3 weeks from that post, and I'm fired. Mildly funny.

June 16: The other day my ex co-workers Jing and Vanessa walked by and I said hi to them from my work. Yesterday I went to pick my paycheck stub and told Dani and that other girl where I worked.

Today I dropped off my resume at Kelly Services, and then I came home. I told my parents about it, and they told me to not go to staffing agencies because they take money out of my paycheck because they are the ones who set me up with the job. I then emailed Hyacinthe and asked about it. My dad says it would totally be okay if I worked as a recruiter like H is so I asked that in an email about how to get his position.

The above paragraph I wrote this morning. I sent the email to H saying this:

I was talking to my parents and they told me if I had gotten that job at ATCO, Manpower would have been taking money out of my paycheck because you were the one who set me up with that job. Is that true? I want to work for Manpower as a recruiter, like you. How do I apply? Do I drop off my resume and under the objective it says "A Manpower recruiter"?

He writes back:

Hi Tracy, to explain your first question we don't take the money out of your pay check, the wages are negotiated at the onset of the contract. We then charge a fee to the company for our services based on the wages earned by yourself. As for becoming a recruiter you can apply online for best results, and there are a lot of staffing agencies you can look at as well. You do need a fair amount of customer service experience and sales experience as well to be successful at it, but I encourage you to think about it and apply if you are committed to the idea. Cheers. P.S. still no word from the city, we are impatiently waiting for orders from them.

My dad told me that like for every $12/hr I'm making, the staffing agency gets $5/hr that I'm working. Like I still get $12/hr, but they are easily making $5/hr they're making off of me. Then dad tells me that I shouldn't be a recruiter, saying I'm not the type. I told him about having customer service experience and he says I won't get hired.
Me: Because they are unethical?
Dad: Yeah.

And I have lots of ethics and morals. lol. Yeah, because as I was thinking about being a recruiter, I felt unethical, guilty, and bad. Like I am helping people get jobs, but I am making money off them. It's not like talent agencies which are ethical, the agent helps you find auditions and jobs, and they take 10-15% of your cut. Well it looks like dad tainted the image of H for me. He seemed like such a nice and friendly guy, I'm sure he is. He doesn't have the best job.

I thought he was so going to hook me up with a job for the city of Edmonton, but if he does, I will have to ask my dad if it's good for me to take it. I used to be able to see myself sending H a Christmas card thanking him for his help, but probably not now. Now I can see myself doing something totally unprofessional by sending him a pic of Matthew Lawrence. The professional relationship is gone so I can taint his image of me. lol.

Jun 17: I realized something. Not only did I didn't know that Manpower was a staffing agency at first, but I dropped my resume at Ranstad and here's the description on the website: "Randstad USA, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading employment services provider with more than 400 branches and client-dedicated locations in the United States. In 2006, Randstad USA’s 2,000 employment experts put an average of 49,000 people to work each week." Sure sounds like a staffing agency, but they never called me.

Today an employee was sick, so I went in an hr earlier to do work. I also got a 50% discount on my roastbeef sandwich.

No comments: