Friday, June 6, 2008

job/ coincidence/ analyze

job/ coincidence/ analyze

Jun 4 Job: Today I went to Manpower and filled out my papers and gave them my SIN, read through the safety procedures, etc. If any of you guys are looking for a job, go to Manpower and tell them I sent you there. I would then get $50 for recruiting people. That's like what Leger tried to do.

Tomorrow I have a job interview at Smart Set. I think I applied there back in 2005, after Nait didn't work out. I know for sure I applied there in 2006 when I got laid off from Ipsos, the one at Kingsway. Now I will right my wrongs and see if I will get hired at Smart Set.

Emotions: Yesterday it was 8pm, and still no one did the dishes. I always do the dishes, 5-7 nights a week. Then I start putting the dishes in the sink and my sister comes. I ask her if she was going to do the dishes. She doesn't answer and just looks at me. Then I do the dishes. Then my grandma comes and she says that she told S to do it. What annoyed me that S didn't answer and I did the dishes when she was going to do it. Also how S didn't answer me.  At dinner I asked S nicely, "Will you please wash the dishes?" Then S and I did argue about it. S then does the dishes. We then argue again about the old computer. She says I didn't know how to clean the computer until she told me to. It's because the old 1998 computer finally got fixed today. Now it works faster. So I right my wrong today, I did the dishes yesterday and she did the dishes today.

Coincidence: On televisonwithoutpity.com we were talking about the old show Dark Angel.
It was how the show predicted the future.

Me: The pilot showed that the "super soldier" project was created in 2000, because it was in 2009 that the 12 X5s escaped. I always thought how coincidental that this show came out one year before 9/11. I wished in season 2, they brought back some of the original 12 X5s that escaped so it would be closer to season 1. However only Zack was brought back to be written off.

Someone writes that they tried to bring 2 actors that were X5s in season 1, so they brought in 2 new X5s towards the end of the season.

Person: In one of the later episodes of Season 2, that cigar-smoking lizard-faced guy (I forget his name) was bragging about being perfectly adapted to be a desert soldier, and he says he fought in the war against Saddam in Iraq. Pretty accurate future-tripping for a show that ended several years before the war in Iraq began. Except of course I'm assuming we don't have any actual lizard-people in the armed forces yet.

Jun 5: The job interview at Smart Set went well. Then after it was over, I suddenly had this feeling that I wasn't going to get the job. Well I said I wanted to try out the job before I quit Clothing Store #3. Also I did say I can work on weekends, and Tues, and Weds and that my manager will allow me to work on those days. There are 2 or 3 positions available.

Fear Itself: This is a 13- episode miniseries written by good horror writers and directors. The episode "Sacrifice" is shot in St. Albert and Fort Edmonton Park. The Fort Edmonton Park was also used in the movie Gingersnaps: The Beginning.

Jun 6 Analyze: I would have to say that Clothing Store #3 is the best retail job I ever had. Let's do the run through.

Clothing Store #3: $9/hr, consistent hours that start either at 10am or 12pm, and ends at 6pm, or 8pm. It's close to get to. A nice store. Did 2 weeks, for now. 2008.

Clothing Store #1: $7.45/hr and it's far away at West Ed mall. Lasted 5 months.  2005.

Clothing Store #2: $8.50/hr, far away. Lasted 3 weeks.  2007.

Office Supply Store: $7.90/hr, consistent hours, close. I don't like selling office supplies.  2006.

Department Store: $10/hr, lasted 3 days because I can't stand waking up at 6am. How they do things like if I scan a price, and it doesn't print properly, I have to run to the front to print the tag.  2007.

I realized why I thought I didn't get the job at Smart Set. It's because of the track record. I did an interview at similar stores like Suzy Shier and Eddie Bauer, but they didn't hire me. I must remember the power of positive thinking. I went into the interview with a positive attitude, it's not until afterwards I thought it was bad. Well it's out of my hands now.

News: I heard on the entertainment news that Oprah has been decreasing in ratings and sales of her O magazine. More people are watching Ellen Degeneres. They are both good.

No comments: