Friday, June 20, 2008

job /music/ news

FRIDAY, JUNE 20, 2008

job /music/ news

Jun 18 Job: Today I sent my resume to Le Chateau and HMV. I gave my resume to the ones in City Centre, but no word from them. I saw the email addresses at Job Classified newspaper, so I decided to email them. I gave my resume to Telus, but they call themselves Edmonton Cellular. There's an application, so I filled it out. I also applied at Shoppers Drug Mart as a post office clerk. There was an application too.  Today Patrick passed out 5 resumes. I know he's not really looking hard for a job because he wants to chill out and have fun after going to summer school. My sister is looking really hard for a law firm job for next yr. I'm looking really hard for a job too. This weekend I should pull out all the stops and pass out even more resumes.

Jun 19 Epiphany: I realized something. I did pull out all the stops. I passed out 61 resumes in City Centre. 37 resumes in office buildings (banks, job agencies) and 10 jobs on the internet. That's 108 resumes. I got 2 jobs out of 8 job interviews. Last summer I passed out about 70 resumes. I'm not quite sure the exact number because I didn't keep track. Well last summer I had 6 jobs.

I'm also working 34hrs a week, so that's fulltime. I realized if I do put my hard work, effort and positive thinking, I would get what I want. 

Like when I was laid off from Call Centre #1, I worked at the Office Supply Store and was waiting until Call Centre #2 called and they did. 

I wanted to work at a cafe and I did get a job at Cafe #1 and Cafe #2. Back in 2004, I wanted to really get a job and I got one at the $1 Store Plus. 

Back in 2005, I wanted to get a job and I got to work at Clothing Store #1. Then later I wanted a higher paying job than $7.45/hr and didn't want all the standing, I then got a job at Call Centre #1 that paid $8.50/hr.

Music: I went on youtube to look for Donnie Klang and here is his performance of his song "Dr. Love." It was fun to watch. He's dancing, and then in the last min of it, he switches to keyboards. Then before the song is over, he points and says, "I guess I will marry you!" The audience cheers and I laughed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twvx1g7S7Ak&feature=related

Today I worked from 12-8pm. Ray wasn't here because she was sick so I talked to Justin. He works at TD Canada Trust and told me that if I wanted to work there, go to the website and apply. I also updated my status on Facebook that I'm looking for a job. I did add a friend request to Hyacinthe, but he still has not replied. I know it's him, it looks like him with sunglasses and he mentions that he's in the Manpower network. Well I did gain a friend on Facebook with Maygen from work.

Justin and I talked about The Simpsons, but he says he doesn't find it funny. However when I tell him that I have friend named Leslie Simpson, he laughs. When I told Ray about the name, Ray says, "That's a cruel joke." I explain Leslie was born 3yrs prior to The Simpsons coming out, so it's a coincidence.

Me: Also Lisa Simpson isn't a bad character.
R: Yeah, she plays the saxophone.

News: I read this in the paper today. There is this high school of 1,200 kids, and 17 girls got pregnant. That's because they all made a pact to raise their kids together. Like, oh my god. That is probably the stupidest and worst thing I have heard, in quite awhile. I remember reading in Seventeen magazine, that there was a school in the US and 64 girls got pregnant in the 2004-2005. This is true. It's because a few girls got pregnant, then they got popular, then more girls get pregnant, it's more accepted so that's why it occurred.

When I read the magazine, I was shocked. I know there are always one or two girls who get pregnant in a school, but 64 was way too high. In the paper it did discuss there maybe should be contraception available in the school. Also in Seventeen magazine, in an issue about how this girl got pregnant on purpose. Girls who do that, they feel like it's the only way to fulfill their potential is to have kids.

The teen pregnancy rate has been decreasing since the early 90s, but the girls who get pregnant on purpose, the rate stay the same. Girls want to have babies for the unconditional love and to love the kid. In other news, Jamie Lynn Spears gave birth to a baby girl named Maddie Brianne.

Jun 20: I am reminded of something stupid and worse I read in the news a long time ago. There was this guy and he was poor, he decides to shoot a guy so he can go to jail and have a place to live and meals to eat. He should go rob a bank, if he doesn't get caught and sent to jail, he can still live off the money.

That's been several hrs since I wrote the above paragraph. Tomorrow I'll be working from 12-6pm, so that's 40hrs this week. I was going to use that day to pass out even more resumes. My grandma told me that someone called me today. Is it any of you guys? If it is, tell me. If not, I will assume it's probably someone calling to interview me for a job.

1 comment:

FDC Movies said...

this is very good and informative site i love your all content and had great time to visit your site .
.thanks for this great information and keep posting good and informative content good luck /