Friday, May 16, 2008

writing/ influence/ Sorority Boys


May 14 Writing: I submitted my The Fighter pitch and outline, cover letter, and submission form to Reel Girls Media. I called them and they said they mainly do non-fiction.

Job: This morning, Hyacinthe called me and told me that I will be getting a tour of the company tomorrow. Crantastic. He did say he was going to call me on Wed. or Thurs. to set up the job, and he followed through.  I got a letter from Eddie Bauer and they said they aren't hiring me. Suzy Sheir didn't call me for 2 weeks, so I guess they didn't hire me. That's okay.

Deal: At Rogers Video, to rent a dvd, it costs $5.66. At Blockbuster it's $5.39, so go to Blockbuster to save 27 cents.

May 15: I went to the job interview/ tour of this big company. I was like 15 min early and told the security guard who I was here to see. 3 min later, the woman  came and gave me the tour. She says attendance is key and all that. She liked that I showed up early. Then I went home.

Influence: There is this old poll I created for the website called www.youthone.com What influences you the most? Friends, family, school or tv?
Friends 47%
Family 43%

School and TV were even. I picked TV and it still influences me with these little things. In my job search, I say "I right the wrongs I did." It means like how last summer I thought Malatest hired me, and they didn't. I turned down Clothing Store #3 and Suzy Sheir when they called for an interview and now this summer, I right the wrongs by doing those job interviews.

The "right the wrongs" sounds like those dramas I watched. Such as Angel where he does a lot of bad things, gets his soul, then is searching for redemption by doing good things. So with Criminal Minds and Law and Order: SVU, the law enforcement team didn't solve the case, and then years later they go back to it and solve it.  And more obvious is my behavior of compulsively quoting things from tv shows.

 I remember years ago there was this time I put pause on Realplayer on the computer. There is this blinking light. Patrick comes by and sees it.

P: Oh my god, what's that?
Me: Doesn't mean you see a blinking light means that something bad is going to happen.

That line was from the X-Files spinoff show The Lone Gunmen. lol.

News: I was reading Marie Claire, and it said that women who are involved in some sort of emergency, they are likely to survive because they are the ones who evacuate out of buildings. As for men they are risk takers. Blue collared single men are more likely to risk their lives to save others, so good for them too.

Funny: I was watching some Behind the Music about the Backstreet Boys. Kevin says "After AJ went through rehab, I am so proud of him. I'm like a cry baby." He had tears in his eyes. Aww... then I thought "Are they cousins?" I looked up on the internet that it's Kevin and Brian who are cousins. I am then reminded of this joke:

The Muchmusic VJ Master T says, "Brian and Kevin are getting married; no not to each other, I've thought we've already been through that." lol.

Here's some entertainment news. The following tv shows are cancelled:

Moonlight. Too bad, but at least the lead actor Alex O' Lauglin achieved his dream of playing a vampire for one season.
Shark, James Woods and Jeri Ryan can always find work afterwards.
Same goes for Kelsey Grammar on his show Back to You.
Life is Wild and Aliens in America won't be coming back on the CW.

May 16: Today I got a call from Hyacinthe and he says, "Unfortunately, you didn't get the job at the company."
Me: That's okay.
H: Do you want to know why you didn't get the job?
Me: I think they were looking for someone older.
H: They said your answers to the questions were short and abrupt. You have to have a positive attitude to take these calls because it's mainly people who are complaining. Well I hope you continue to write and I'll keep in touch with you.

Then after that I hit my hand on the desk to get my anger out. Really it is okay that I didn't get the job. I'm angry that I didn't take the job at Clothing Store #3 because I could have at least got a job and be making money. I did my best. I washed my hair, dressed professional for my job interview, came 15 min early, gave a firm handshake and asked good questions like what the dress code is like and how long the training is.

Then I mailed my resume to Reel Girls Media, dropped my resume at Canada Place to work at Service Canada. I got a call back and this woman told me there is a more complex way to apply there, come by on Tues. to see her and apply. I went to Culture Craze and applied there. I have never applied there before, so it's good to try something new.

Now it's time to focus on lighter things that don't get me angry. Here are some more shows that are getting cancelled: Canterbury's Law, New Amsterdam, Men in Trees.

Sorority Boys: Last night I stayed up to watch a bad movie called Sorority Boys where 3 guys get kicked out of their fraternity because they are accused of embezzlement. It stars Barry Watson (7th Heaven) and Michael Rosenbaum (Smallville.) The 3 guys then dress up like women to join a sorority because they have no place to live. I remember this time Muchmusic's Ed the Sock says about the movie. He said it slowly and in a firm and angry tone: "Guys dressing up as women is NOT FUNNY."

I remember reading a review on imdb.com about how the viewer was watching the movie, and her 4yr old niece came by and said, "Those are guys." In the entire movie, you have to suspend your belief that these 3 guys can fool everybody that they are women. It's a really dumb movie, American Pie style. Watch it when it's on tv, don't pay to see it. I will say that it gets funny in the last half where the sorority DOG plays football against the bad sorority Tri Pi so the winning team gets to go on a cruise ship party.

I actually found myself laughing out loud. There is a part where the giant girl scores the winning touch down and then she is running with the football and giving the finger to the Tri Pi. I like that the sorority DOG, all the girls were unconventionally attractive. None of them were really hot and I get the joke of the name. This movie did have me mainly cringing.

5 comments:

haris said...

Writing is all about fun that is influenced by some successful writers. There are some sites like https://www.paraphraseservice.com/ which give us best result in every kind of writing format.

Anonymous said...

Good site, It is my dedication that you never do anything with the exception of in the event that he or she values you. This article is completely surprising for me and I am stunned to the point that this visit website of the all-inclusive community still exists.

Anonymous said...

This is the greatest school in the India and it moreover offers the all-inclusive understudies. This best ideas here each one of the understudies same and the guidance standard of this school is so awesome.

Unknown said...

This is true that writing can influence the readers to believe that it is easy process. writing a music video script gives you best opportunity to follow the right direction.

yashlittle said...

I just believe that writing has an impact that can change students life. This is something that must be approaced by https://www.rephraser.net/the-best-article-rewriter-you-deserve with more examples.