Friday, May 30, 2008

saying/job/ news

saying/job/ news

May 28 Saying: I was thinking about that Pussycat Dolls song "When I grow up" and there is a lyric: "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it." That's true. I wished Call Centre #2 would close down when I was working there, and now that I won't my job back there 2 yrs later, they closed down. Or it's like the other saying: "You only want what you can't get."

I did appreciate working for  Call Centre #2. Especially after I quit the Office Supply Store, I was so happy to get a call centre job again. It wasn't until after a few months into it, I didn't like it. I thought there wasn't another job out there that could pay higher than $9.50/hr which was what I was making.

When Java Express said they are willing to hire me, but they said part- time is $8.50/hr and full-time is $8.75/hr, I didn't take the job. There were only 1 and half month left before I start school, so what's the point of working at 2 jobs when you are going to quit soon? Now I'm looking back, if I got laid off at  Call Centre #1 (when I left $8.75/hr), and then I got a job at Java Express, then I may not have been as angry about losing my job if I got paid the same, but doing another job.

At the Office Supply Store, I was getting paid $7.90/hr. Either way, I still would have been angry because   Call Centre #1 was the best job I ever had and they took it away from me. Today was good, worked at Clothing Store #3 and I am more confident using the till.

May 30 Job: Today I opened the store for the first time. I was nervous, but I did fine. Except Dani did say that she was going to fire 2 girls because they don't work very often. She isn't sure about the new girl if she is reliable enough. Then I may get fired if I don't meet the expectations of the supervisor. Dani says that she will give me a reference. The supervisors pick who gets fired, but Dani also gets a say in the decision.

That's fine. Hyacinthe finally emailed me back and said there is another job available, he just needs to get some more info. If I get laid off, that's fine. I won't be mad. It's like that time when I got laid off at Ipsos, and I loved that job for 7 months. When I saw the people who got laid off and they worked for only 2 weeks, I thought it was good that they didn't become attached to it. It's like that saying: "It's better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all." So it's good that I found a job that I loved, there will be another.

News: I was watching 20/20 today, and they covered a story about how this man injected his son with steroids and testoterone so the kid could win all these championships as an inline skater. It wasn't until the kid was 16 that he got tested for steroids, and it was proven that he did. The dad then went to jail for 6 yrs because he gave drugs to a kid.

The kid didn't even know it because he was 12-16yrs old the whole time he was taking the drug. He then turned his dad in because he felt betrayed by it. Also since he was on so many drugs, it had taken an effect on his body. He will have heart problems afterwards. He lives with his mom, brother and sister. He works as a sales associate at a department store.

They also covered about 2 15yr old boys who are paparazzi. They live in LA and take their cameras everywhere. They can make thousands of dollars with taking photos. There was a time they took a pic of Adam Sandler, and AS says to them, "So you want to grow up and be a dick?" Then they did interview Selma Hayek. Her fiancé was carrying the baby, and the paparazzi were taking photos of them, and pushing them. The baby was dropped, but SH caught the baby. SH was furious that a tragic accident almost occurred.

Other news, is that my dad finally gave the 1998 computer to be reformatted and fixed. It's really slow, and I can remove this program Spyshredder which it keeps popping up. After awhile, all the applications on the desktop, they disappear if the computer is on long enough.

Friends: I bumped into my friend Daniel at work. He was at the mall and I called to him. I bumped into my friend Sarah on the bus and we talked about religion like how if a girl is in a religion that doesn't allow her to talk to boys, she is probably in the religion Islam or Mormon sect.

4 comments:

asad said...

Want to check Latest News online then this is an awesome site.

haris said...

Well i always believe that we should never miss any opportuinty doedn't matter if the you get paid less. This is the ebst time to have job where you can ear experience too so have https://www.paraphrasingservice.org/avail-paraphrasing-services-saudi-arabia/ for more experience related to your job.

Unknown said...

Having job opprotunity is blessing so always be thankful for what oyu have. Jobs are very necessary for the people so on this helpful link you can find many.

Anonymous said...

I am impressed by your writing as it is giving me opportunity to visit website and focus on what is required. I hope career building task will help me to grow rapidly.