Friday, May 9, 2008

job/ charity/ 27 Dresses

May 8 Job: I went to Sobeys that opened in downtown during the lunch rush. It was packed with business people. It looked like a really nice store. I went to Royal Bank Financial and he told me to apply online. Then I went to Epcor, she told me to apply online and gave me a business card. Then I went to Scotiabank and she took my resume to work at customer service at that branch.

Then I was walking and I found Ranstad. I think I applied online. I went in and dropped my resume there anyway. Then I took the bus home.

Charity: I got home and this charity CBM mailed me asking for donations. It's from a dr who helps cure people from becoming blind in 3rd world countries. It's because they are poor, they only have water to drink and to give to livestock, and little to wash. That is breeding ground to become blind if you don't clean yourself. I mailed back telling them to not send me anymore things in the mail. I never donated to them before, so my address must have been passed on to them.

May 9: I went to the Dynacor job interview. It was good. They asked that I email my The Fighter script to them and I did. What was interesting was that one of them kind of recognized me because my name sounded familiar. I told her I called her back in 2004 when I was trying to get into Nait's tv program. They don't really have time to train a production assistant, but they will keep my resume on file. She gave me some tips and production companies like Anaid, Reel girls and Panacea Productions. Call Citytv and ask who is in charge of programming.

Funny: After lunch I went to do the tests about Windows XP, data entry, Microsoft Outlook and I redid the other test I did the other day. The mark went from 47 to 52 and I did it in 21min and not 24 min. Then Hyacinthe asked me some questions, I filled out a form. I was trying to get the courage to tell him who he looked like, but I felt I may offend him because he would think he looked like a C list actor.

I decided it could be worse. My friend Chamnouer emailed me on Facebook saying she's studying for her driver's license. It reminded me of The Simpsons where Otto asks Patty a question.

Patty: When you do good, I use the green pen, when you do bad, I use the red pen. Any questions?
Otto: Yeah, were you like ever a man before? Because it would be totally cool if you were.
Patty: Well it looks like I won't be needing this. (Drops green pen).

Cut to the office.
H: Do you have any questions?
Me: Yeah, I have an unrelated job question. Do you know who you look like?
H: No, who?
Me: Matthew Lawrence.
H: Who's he?
Me: Joey Lawrence's little brother.
H: Who's Joey Lawrence?
Me: He plays Blossom's big brother.
H: Who's Blossom?
Me: It was an old tv show from the early 90s. H was also on Boy Meets World playing Rider Strong's brother.

H: Is that (me looking like ML) supposed to be good?
Me: Yes.
H: Well I'll have to look it up.
I might as well ask him that question at the end of the interview and not the beginning in case he got offended. I also kind of wanted to maintain a professional relationship. Well you know how to make it totally unprofessional; ask him if he has a gf and hit on him. lol. I may have thought he looked like ML because earlier this week I was channel surfing and saw ML on a movie from 2005. I was surprised ML still got work now.

The staffing agencies like Spherion and Adecco are alright. I only talked to the secretaries and that's it. Last yr Spherion helped me get to do a test for Stats Canada, and that's it. While Manpower staffing agency is crantastic (The Simpsons when Apu and Marge go to Monster Mart).

I am actually provided with a good job agent who helped me get a job. I have overheard this other job agent interacting with this other guy, and he seemed helpful. I highly recommend that you go to Manpower to get a job.

27 Dresses: Yesterday my sister rented some movies and 27 Dresses was one of them. The movie was surprisingly good. I'm not a big fan of romantic comedies and chick flicks. This one was actually pretty funny and well written. I recommend that you watch it. There is a coincidence that there is the same actress who plays the best friend to the lead character Katherine Heigl in the movie, and she did play the best friend to Jennifer Garner in 13 going on 30. She also played Kitty on Arrested Development.

I haven't seen any of the trailers on tv, but Redbelt is a fight movie that's out. I'm like "Doh!" again. I am only mildly annoyed with all these fight movies out. I want to say I am not following a trend. I did read screenwriting books to not follow trends. If you start to follow trends by writing a movie about a hip topic now, when your movie gets produced, it will no longer be hip. I was reading movie reviews today and this movie got mediocore reviews, but since I have a free movie pass I could check it out.

Sobeys: After the job tests, I went to Sobeys and bought a pack of sushi, the California rolls ($5.99). I haven't had that in over a yr. I also bought the Forest mushroom soup ($3.99). That's kind of much for a soup, however back in 2006, that's how much a bowl of soup costs at the restaurant Kelseys. The Sobeys soup was brown and I'm used to white mushroom soup. They both tasted good. They sold alcohol at this bar in there and these really nice cakes.

It was around late 3pm so no lunch rush. There was also a section where you could dine. That was cool. It's about as good as T&T in West Ed mall.

News: I was watching 20/20 and they interviewed this woman who remembers everything. When Diane Sawyer quizzed her on stuff in history, she got everything right. There was one time it seemed she was wrong, according to the history book almanac. Then this producer offscreen was googling it and he says, "She's right."
DS: What?

I am kind of like her. I have a good memory, but she has an extraordinary memory. But it's good to know that I'm not the only one who remembers the most random things. Because if you are my friends Leslie, Heather and Angela, you would know that I bring up the most random things from the past. It's because I have gained insight on it and I can look back and see how things look differently when you gain some distance away from it.

5 comments:

hayat said...

Wow i really like your journey to get job and how many places you have applied. This is what youhave experienced through that time. I hope this is just a learning that make you more confident towards practicle life. So http://www.cheapresumewritingservices.net/where-to-use-one-page-resume-format/ is for all people who wanna do something in life.

yashlittle said...

Linkedin is a kind of business app to promote their products and to connect each other. that is the online job and people are taking interest in that kind of job. For that job, requirements are very high and we need experts in making best resume. If you wants to know more then have a look here.

Christopher Blevins said...

i enjoy the quest to have career and also the amount of areas you might have utilized. http://www.ksaservices.net/about-executive-core-qualifications/ This is exactly what you have knowledgeable by means of the period. I am hoping that is merely a studying that produce an individual more confident toward practice living.

Christopher Blevins said...

i like a person's process to receive occupation explore more what amount of destinations you may have placed. Available on the market you have expert by then. Hopefully this is certainly a little knowing which you actually well informed on the way to practical everyday living.

good site said...

This is really a good site for me and you don't think that it's a just fun. Not at all. you have to know that this is the best comment ever yo read in your post. So thanks.